Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5320.20 - what am I missing?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    My question was not about the constitutionality of NFA. Its specifically about what makes the 5320.20 applicable to non-commercial interstate travel.

Im reading that private transport affects commerce, so falls under purview of nfa( although i fail to see how it affects commerce at all). Am I tracking correctly?
    Correct. The fact that you're (I presume) not making money while using the gun doesn't mean that it doesn't affect interstate commerce. The fact that you bought the gun means it affected interstate commerce, and that gun is affected in perpetuity. Even if you made a gun solely from metal ore that you mined on your own property, smelted yourself, and then forged and milled into a firearm, it would still affect interstate commerce according to the current interpretation of what interstate commerce is, because you affected the firearms market by not buying a firearm that was on the commercial market.

Feedback Score
    Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Title 49 CFR, Part 390.5 defines interstate commerce as trade, traffic or transportation in the U.S. :

Between a place in a state and a place outside of such state (including a place outside of the United States; or

Between two places in a state through another state or a place outside of the United States; or

Between two places in a state as a part of trade, traffic or transportation originating or terminating outside the state or the United States.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Title 49 CFR, Part 390.5 defines interstate commerce as trade, traffic or transportation in the U.S. :

Between a place in a state and a place outside of such state (including a place outside of the United States; or

Between two places in a state through another state or a place outside of the United States; or

Between two places in a state as a part of trade, traffic or transportation originating or terminating outside the state or the United States.

And that answers my question. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    And that answers my question. Thank you.
    You’re welcome! Merry Christmas!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123