Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk's "Special Operations" holster

Feedback Score

Blackhawk's "Special Operations" holster

I don't think that Blackhawk makes these any more, but they're still widely available on the Interweb. The OD version was/is assigned an NSN but I think the military has long since moved on from these. They do seem to get high marks from people like hikers, campers, weekend plinkers, etc. who like the holster's retention and protection features.

My neighbor just bought one for camping trips and I examined it. Seems well built and the flap would protect the gun from brush, branches, and such. Not sure how rain-resistant it would be, though;

Anyone with any pro/con experiences with these?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IIRC Eagle made those or something like them

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    It was Eagle. Good holster back in the day, better than the USGI one for the Beretta or a leather flap. Used them with body armor back then for CQB and rappelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Needs more Beretta 93R.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    IIRC Eagle made those or something like them
    I have read claims the very first Blackhawk! brochure/catalogue was mostly/entirely pictures of Eagle gear.

On a lot of gear I am not sure who did what first though. Eagle and London Bridge Trading have a lot of designs that are virtually identical. Considering it is a lowride nylon holster the original could possibly be from Assault Systems(that became Shooting Systems awhile and is now Assault Systems by Elite Survival Systems.)

Not sure who came first, just that Blackhawk came last and moved production to SE Asia quickly while I think the other 3 were and are USA made.

All that being said, I have a Blackhawk chest holster(M3/M7 'ish) that has held up well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I don't think that Blackhawk makes these any more, but they're still widely available on the Interweb. The OD version was/is assigned an NSN but I think the military has long since moved on from these. They do seem to get high marks from people like hikers, campers, weekend plinkers, etc. who like the holster's retention and protection features.
    My neighbor just bought one for camping trips and I examined it. Seems well built and the flap would protect the gun from brush, branches, and such. Not sure how rain-resistant it would be, though;
    Anyone with any pro/con experiences with these?
    Those were okay and the norm of their time. Tech is better now. Virtually everyone that did nylon back then did something like it.

Not sure what they do for hikers/campers/rec shooters that makes them worth the extra bulk and bother. The cynic in me says it's just an opportunity to wear cool-guy gear for some remotely plausible purpose.

LBT is outstanding bomb-proof gear, always has been. Carver-era Eagle Industries is as well. Blackhawk isn't LBT or legacy Eagle, but it can meet needs and there are some brighter spots in the catalog than others.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When my 5.11 Rush dies I’m getting an LBT A Pack.

During the Eagle days those were legendary.

Feedback Score
    Seems like the old M12 holster would do pretty much the same thing, if it fits your gun. There's surplus ones on Ebay for around $25, unissued in the original packs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Seems like the old M12 holster would do pretty much the same thing, if it fits your gun. There's surplus ones on Ebay for around $25, unissued in the original packs.
    This may not be the time nor place but I have had some Christmas cheer and THIS is where I say that I like to pretend you are actually Christian Slater posting on M4C. And any post you make(and I do enjoy them). I read in Christian Slater’s voice.

Do not confirm nor deny. It is real in my mind. I have spoken.

Feedback Score
    Was issued my first M12 when I deployed to Central America in 1984-1985. I really liked the design and back then it was considered revolutionary. I used it off and on for the next 14 years.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast