Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geissele low pro super gas block opinions/input

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Geissele low pro super gas block opinions/input

Have an FN barreled psa upper, that im going to be taking the gas block off to dimple the barrel..... I know geissele makes great products, ..love their triggers , but is it worth the 60 to get a geissele, instead of just going back with the stock gasblock? Guess im trying to ask what am I getting for the 60? Have there been issues with lesser named gasblocks? A difference in corrosion resistance? "Semi" new to the AR platform compared to most here. Always been a FAL girl so trying to research as much as I can

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If the stock gas block works, there isn't any reason to pay for the giessele.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BringMeTheHorizon View Post
    If the stock gas block works, there isn't any reason to pay for the giessele.
    Yeah, only couple hundred rounds , but no problems. Didn't know if there was anything long term ,that the giessele would be more beneficial , like corrosion . But I guess if its not broke , don't fix it. Thanks

Feedback Score
    The only real advantage of the Geissele gas block is the option to pin it. If you don’t plan on pinning it, then I’d stick with what you already have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There are pinning jigs out there that will allow you to pin any low profile gas block for minimal cost so that's not a reason to switch.

Dimple what you have and call it a day.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PenderMedic View Post
    Have an FN barreled psa upper, that im going to be taking the gas block off to dimple the barrel..... I know geissele makes great products, ..love their triggers , but is it worth the 60 to get a geissele, instead of just going back with the stock gasblock? Guess im trying to ask what am I getting for the 60? Have there been issues with lesser named gasblocks? A difference in corrosion resistance? "Semi" new to the AR platform compared to most here. Always been a FAL girl so trying to research as much as I can
    No, geissele gas block is one of the largest on the market. It won't fit under some rails, and others where it does fit (including their own mk14/13) it has so little space between the rail and a gas block that it can contact the rail under recoil. It can also render MLOK slot under the gas block impossible to use.

I really like the lowest profile gas blocks I can find (without detriment to the quality). Two best ones I found on the market (as far as low profile) - Centurion Arms and SLR GB7 Pin (https://slrrifleworks.com/gb7-pin-micro-gas-block/). One caveat - both offer a single set screw and recommend pinning.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks guys

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    If your existing block is steel I'd reuse it, if it is aluminum I'd replace it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    No real advantage over a cut down sight. That said I am happy with mine. You do lose that slot under the rail but not a big deal for me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PenderMedic View Post
    If I am going to deal with all that trouble, then I would buy a barrel with a factory pinned gas block.

Do it right the first time and be done.
    Last edited by scottryan; 12-20-19 at 11:06.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast