Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Incognito chest rig

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Incognito chest rig

Several companies make a sort of Incognito chest rig. Best designed and built seems to be from hill people gear. Not cheap, but made in the US and well built. They have several sizes. This one specifically for runners, but good for hiking, biking, etc where concealment needed. I got the least scary taci-cool looking one in grey ripstop. It's been a good addition for biking for me, and hiking on paths and such that's away from urban areas and such. Right size for a full sized pistol, phone, etc. when you don't wanna wear a back pack, etc. Anyone use such a thing?

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/.../1/ProductID/2
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have the same for running and biking-it replaced a dedicated fanny pack and has excelled in design and comfort. It could use a couple tweaks for internal layout.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    I have the same for running and biking-it replaced a dedicated fanny pack and has excelled in design and comfort. It could use a couple tweaks for internal layout.
    Agreed, internal layout could be improved and it really should come with a velcro retention strap for the Velcro strip it already contains for better securing of firearm. For that $, should not have to buy some velcro.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Actually really cool, could see that for my running, and Husband does a lot of kayaking and mountain biking. Ill have to look into these.I assume from your post id have to do some mods for running to keep my weapon secure and not flopping

Feedback Score
    That's the biggest challenge with any of these rigs or backpacks is a system to keep things from just collecting at the bottom.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Incognito chest rig

I have a snubby kit bag, I’m not the biggest dude in the world, and wanted something that with a low print, and able to carry a gun without have to worry about something in my waist line while fitting my frame.

Given that I opted for the snubby as it has listed the it hold a G19 without issue.
    I will attach photos, the 19x fits with finesse, and regular 19 with an RMR is sort of the same situation, but could be remedied with proper placement of the firearm.

If I had it to do again, I would opt for a larger version to easily carry the 19x.

HPG is great quality.

Edit. Also, with a gun in the small kit, it’s a super tight squeeze for a wallet and a cell phone in the front pocket, to the point where I only take my ID and CCW. (I already use a front pocket wallet, it’s as low pro as can be, not a bifold.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 12-08-19 at 12:16.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    july , thanks for the comparison pics...good to see it with real world kit

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post

Edit. Also, with a gun in the small kit, it’s a super tight squeeze for a wallet and a cell phone in the front pocket, to the point where I only take my ID and CCW. (I already use a front pocket wallet, it’s as low pro as can be, not a bifold.).

They make it pretty clear the snubby is really for guns like a Shield, G43, etc and little else. I opted for the size in the OP link, which holds right about what I wanted. I'd say I'm a medium sized frame.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    That's the biggest challenge with any of these rigs or backpacks is a system to keep things from just collecting at the bottom.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    That's why you gotta clean them out regularly. Make sure they contain what you want, and not bunch crap collected over time.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Incognito chest rig

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    They make it pretty clear the snubby is really for guns like a Shield, G43, etc and little else. I opted for the size in the OP link, which holds right about what I wanted. I'd say I'm a medium sized frame.
    Well, idk about it being clear, more eludes to, but doesn’t rule out. it says a G19 with attached light.

From description: “The largest pistol it is sized to take is a Glock 19 with Streamlight TLR-3 mounted on it. With that in, you can get a couple other small things in the bag.”

Which led me to assume, a g19, cell, and a front pocket wallet wouldn’t be an issue.

My wallet for reference.

Last edited by JulyAZ; 12-08-19 at 15:24.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast