Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incognito chest rig

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have a Runner’s Kit bag. Been using it for a year and half or so. Works well enough. With the shoulder straps pulled tight my body holds the pistol in place. And I use a kydex trigger tied to the bottom of the main pocket to add another layer of safety.

Y’all are right though, with a pistol in the main pocket the front pocket is really tight and the rig doesn’t lay against my body like I would like.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have the Recon Kit Bag. I got it specifically for carrying a pistol while backpacking when a belt holster would be in the way of the load bearing hip belt of my pack.

It easily fits a glock 19 in the rear pocket. I have a small fixed blade attached to the pals webbing on the front for easy access. In the front pocket I keep a few essentials so when I drop my main pack I still have the important stuff on me. I usually have topo and compass, waterproof matches and a couple pjcb's, a clif bar, headlamp, a few turns of duct tape on a popsicle stick, etc.

I got it this spring and have tested it out on several multiday trips this year. I like it a lot.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I’ve had a Runners Kit Bag for about a year and a half. Gun-wise I carry either a G19 in a vanguard 2 holster, or a S&W 642 with CT grips (looking for a similar trigger guard holster for it). I also carry creds (badge and dept. ID), a knife, and a cell phone while running. No problems with load distribution, sagging, wear and tear, etc. I’m 5’10/230# and I feel that the straps easily accommodate my size.

I put a lot of miles on this bag while commuting to work last year. Jogging through the city, I never got a second look. The foliage green was the least conspicuous color available when I bought it.

PenderMedic- no problem canoeing with it. Not waterproof, but not intended to be. Definitely blends in to the activity. If I was looking at this kit for more of a hiking, biking, boating role, I would go a size up for more storage capability, like a knife, compass, trail snack, fishing lures, etc. I believe the elastic waist cord that the runner bag uses can be ordered for other models on request.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    These have been around for a long time:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ll+people+gear
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ll+people+gear

I recently sold my 2011 HPG Kit Bag for a new blue HPG Runners Kit Bag. It is a very unassuming man purse color, but carries my G20 w/TLR1 very well. My wife calls it my man purse, which it is, but I love it.

Feedback Score
    FWIW 5Col has the V1 Original Kit Bag in waxed cotton.

https://5col.com/collections/kit-bag...canvas-kit-bag

I used it most of last summer while working/playing in the forest. I normally carry my 10mm SR1911 in the rear pouch. GPS, DBH tape, flagging, pens in the middle pouch. Binoculars, Izzy bandage, AAAflashlight and a lighter in the front pouch.
    I don’t run with it, when you’re carrying a 10mm you don’t need to run.

I do put a large orange handkerchief/panel in the rear pouch under the pistol to save wear on the bottom of the pack.
    Last edited by Gunnar da Wolf; 12-10-19 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Several companies make a sort of Incognito chest rig. Best designed and built seems to be from hill people gear. Not cheap, but made in the US and well built. They have several sizes. This one specifically for runners, but good for hiking, biking, etc where concealment needed. I got the least scary taci-cool looking one in grey ripstop. It's been a good addition for biking for me, and hiking on paths and such that's away from urban areas and such. Right size for a full sized pistol, phone, etc. when you don't wanna wear a back pack, etc. Anyone use such a thing?

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/.../1/ProductID/2
    No such thing as an "incognito" chest rig Unless you have a huge parka on, zippered up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Incognito chest rig

Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    No such thing as an "incognito" chest rig Unless you have a huge parka on, zippered up.
    Are you just fluffing your post count?

But sure I’ll bite, Youre conflating “incognito” and “invisible”.

There’s absolutely Incognito chest rigs, but not invisible chest rigs.

The HPG rig I can wear without it being notice and drawing attention based on the activity I’m participating in that’s not tactical.

I can’t however wear my Haley rig without drawing eyes as they style screams different purposes.

One stands out, the other blends in...incognito.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 12-10-19 at 18:56.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I have the Original Kit Bag V2:
    https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/...1/ProductID/71

Use it for primarily for hiking in Central Florida.
    I have been very happy with mine.
    I got it in Ranger Green, and while I don't come into direct contact with many people while on trail, it hasn't caused any overt interest on the occasions that I do.
    If I buy another, it'll probably be in the blue/black color mix.

I have carried a G17, a "Roland Special", and a PMR-30 in the bag, along with a bleeder kit, fire starting materials, in-ear hearing protection, maps, compass, phone, multitool, keys, etc. I keep it relatively light, with most sustainment items in my pack. I wear it under my pack with no lifter straps.
    Gets a little warm on the chest when it's being Florida outside, but nothing excessive.

I recommend them to anyone with a similar need.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    The firearm in that bag is going incognito if you wish to get technical about it. It's incognito as it applies to the firearm.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I have the Original Kit Bag V2:
    https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/...1/ProductID/71

Use it for primarily for hiking in Central Florida.
    I have been very happy with mine.
    I got it in Ranger Green, and while I don't come into direct contact with many people while on trail, it hasn't caused any overt interest on the occasions that I do.
    If I buy another, it'll probably be in the blue/black color mix.

I have carried a G17, a "Roland Special", and a PMR-30 in the bag, along with a bleeder kit, fire starting materials, in-ear hearing protection, maps, compass, phone, multitool, keys, etc. I keep it relatively light, with most sustainment items in my pack. I wear it under my pack with no lifter straps.
    Gets a little warm on the chest when it's being Florida outside, but nothing excessive.

I recommend them to anyone with a similar need.
    Actually primary reason I purchased one. Where do you go hiking? I was in Dupuis Management Area (where dude got bit by a gator recently) and camped in J.W. Corbett Wildlife Management Area. It's also great for riding my ebike in those areas etc. Always interested in new areas to explore.

FL laws is OC is legal if hunting, camping or fishing, but I prefer to reduce chances of any drama.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast