Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Current BCM Upper Barrel Fit

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,962
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Looks like the bedding isnt necessary.
    Did you watch the video? How did you get that bedding isnt necessary?

    I would say lapping the receiver face goes hand and hand with bedding the barrel (or using a undersized reciver or an oversized extension). The vast majority of reciver do not have a flat receiver face.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,955
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Did you watch the video? How did you get that bedding isnt necessary?

    I would say lapping the receiver face goes hand and hand with bedding the barrel (or using a undersized reciver or an oversized extension). The vast majority of reciver do not have a flat receiver face.
    Is there a point on removing metal from the receiver face where the barrel extension extends too far in to the upper?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,962
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Is there a point on removing metal from the receiver face where the barrel extension extends too far in to the upper?
    If the barrel extension extends too far in to the upper either the reciver or the barrel is out of spec. When you lap the front face you are just truing up the face and taking minimal material off. Most of the time not going past the anodizing unless its way out of spec. Even when way out of spec, I have never seen it where it caused the barrel extension to extends too far in to the upper.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    7,883
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Im drawing up a precision DMR type build on paper And doing my research before I start buying. Been reading up on barrel fit and bedding. Looking up BCM receivers and they have this in their description:

    Built to the correct Mil-Specs
    (Inside Diameter for barrel extension slightly undersized for a tighter fit to the barrel and a more accurate rifle. Please use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm up threaded bore of receiver if barrel extension is too tight.)


    Has anyone had experience with this? Does this negate the need for bedding? Thanks
    I've converted bunches of carry handle uppers to flat tops using the blem BCM stripped receivers. All were a tighter fit than whatever configuration was changed. I don't remember heating any, but some needed a little more oomph than others. They are very good receivers at a steal of a price, and I will continue to use them.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    S.E. PA
    Posts
    1,649
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I've converted bunches of carry handle uppers to flat tops using the blem BCM stripped receivers. All were a tighter fit than whatever configuration was changed. I don't remember heating any, but some needed a little more oomph than others. They are very good receivers at a steal of a price, and I will continue to use them.
    Good to hear
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    120
    Feedback Score
    0
    Two BCMs both very tight fit into barrel extensions. White oak was also super tight in my SOLGWs upper reliever. All three super accurate


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •