Thread: PTR HK Clones

Feedback Score

PTR HK Clones

Has PTR ever offered HK 9MM clones without welded rails?

Feedback Score
    Not to my knowledge, PTRs always have rails. The pic rails are the PTR thing and where they have established themselves as in present market.

FWIW, the rail works well. PTRs are shooter grade and shooters today are going to have a red dot mounted.

The HK roller lock clone market is undergoing a titanic shift with the wide scale HK new imports. I don’t see any advantage to PTR changing their position in the market, but who knows. If Palmetto was ever going to roll out their roller lock clone, it better be very competitively priced to offset the dubious quality deficiencies. Also Magpul will hopefully come through at the SHOT show this year with assorted goodness.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, however people have had them removed. They look good but then you're at H&K money.

I disagree that "shooters today are going to have a red dot mounted." I personally love shooting with diopter sights, particularly at the ranges I shoot a PCC. A red dot under 50 yards gets pretty boring.

In the last few years there have been a ton of quality mounting options at different price points. The rail is less important now.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for info. I think a PTR clone without a rail would be solid alternative or complement to higher priced HK SP5.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The thing that has prevented me from buying the PTR clone is the rail, I'll be on the look out for a H&K SP5 when they hit the market. I'm glad I waited, they HK will clearly hold much better value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    The thing that has prevented me from buying the PTR clone is the rail, I'll be on the look out for a H&K SP5 when they hit the market. I'm glad I waited, they HK will clearly hold much better value.
    They're already here