Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use a stiffer belt than a 5.11 for CC?

Feedback Score

Anyone use a stiffer belt than a 5.11 for CC?

Anyone use a stiffer belt than this daily?

https://www.511tactical.com/operator...1-34-wide.html

I've been using them for years but sometimes think something even stiffer would be nice.

Thoughts? I'm just talking about belts for daily concealed pistol carry.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never owned 5.11 anything. I use Desantis something or other leather belt. Was around $40. Works fine for me I carry a G19 iwb daily

Feedback Score
    Always preferred the Wilderness belts with the 2 or 3 line stiffeners in them, don't know if their better than the 511's
    "A shot never fired is always a miss"

Feedback Score
    I have the 5.11 belt and it works well but have switched to Nexbelt's, they are stiff and the ratchet buckle makes CC easy to adjust.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes. I used that when the “instructor belt” was the tactical rage. That’s not stiff by any stretch of the imagination. It was replaced with an HSGI cobra belt. That is a stiff belt.

If you’re looking for a daily driver, check out Area Aegis or Blue Alpha EDC. Those are stiff belts.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I have the 5.11 belt and it works well but have switched to Nexbelt's, they are stiff and the ratchet buckle makes CC easy to adjust.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I also use the nexbelt for g19 and shield and love it.
    I use the wilderness competition for comps and occasional ccw- its very stiff.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Wilderness belts sold by Milt Sparks, or Milt Sparks leather for that matter, are very stiff and excellent. I wear one daily with everything from CCW to big-bore hunting revolvers

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I CCW with horsehide leather gun belts nearly exclusively. I use and recommend: Beltman, High Noon Holsters, and A Better Belt. I wear these nearly everyday, even when not wearing a gun. I have at least two from each of these brands.

Woven nylon belts are too floppy and too tactical looking for my tastes. The 5.11 model is the stiffest one I’ve used, and is the one I use when I wear cammies.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I CCW with horsehide leather gun belts nearly exclusively. I use and recommend: Beltman, High Noon Holsters, and A Better Belt. I wear these nearly everyday, even when not wearing a gun. I have at least two from each of these brands.

Woven nylon belts are too floppy and too tactical looking for my tastes. The 5.11 model is the stiffest one I’ve used, and is the one I use when I wear cammies.
    +1 for Beltman belts. I've been using one for a lot of years (had to get a new one since the first one shrunk ;-) )

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I wear an Area Aegis Enhanced daily. They’re expensive, but worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast