Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use a stiffer belt than a 5.11 for CC?

Feedback Score
    Thanks! Will try a leather belt.

Feedback Score
    I got the DeSantis leather belt.

4 inches bigger than my normal belt size. I'll have to drill an extra hole because it doesn't quite get tight enough.

Otherwise I'm surprised at it's quality. It's a thick, tough belt that looks nice and well constructed.

The only thing I found lacking was the buckle. The tongue piece is steel, but the rest of the buckle is aluminum. Not sure why they cheaped out there. I would have paid the $2, or $5 or $10 for a steel buckle. Steel may bend, but aluminum just fatigues then breaks.

However, it does appear the buckle is replaceable. It would be cool if I could buy the buckle of my choice and just swap it out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The one I have I don't know what the metal used is but it's my second belt in 10 years or so and there's been no problems with the buckle. The reason for the second belt is the first one ripped the leather loop where the belt goes through after the buckle. Not sure how it ripped but looked like I cought it on something, possibly at work! Otherwise still a working belt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    The one I have I don't know what the metal used is but it's my second belt in 10 years or so and there's been no problems with the buckle. The reason for the second belt is the first one ripped the leather loop where the belt goes through after the buckle. Not sure how it ripped but looked like I cought it on something, possibly at work! Otherwise still a working belt
    Well that's good, thanks!

Heck of a value.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Another vote for Beltman if you’re going leather. I have one of their medium brown 1 3/4” belts for dressier occasions. I have a similar belt in black (extra thick) that was made by a local guy who knows holsters. I wear it in my dress uniform. I could probably tow a Prius with it.

Most of the time, though, I’m in a First Spear Line One belt.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    I have had really good luck with Blue Alpha gear. They have some options in the $30 range like their low profile belt, as well as some a little more expensive with cobra buckles. I also have their 2 piece range belt and really like that as well.

I had a customer service issue (wife ordered wrong size) and their cust service was awesome. Sent the correct size out while the first was still in transit and a free return label.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Wilderness belts sold by Milt Sparks, or Milt Sparks leather for that matter, are very stiff and excellent. I wear one daily with everything from CCW to big-bore hunting revolvers
    Those are the two I use, although I didn't realize you could buy the Wilderness belts through Milt Sparks.

My Milt Sparks has almost been in service long enough to qualify for a pension. I have 2x Wilderness instructor belts. I used the 1.75" one as my belt for utilities for a bunch of years and a couple of deployments. The velcro started to fail, so I sent it back and they refurbished it.

Feedback Score
    I use Boxer Tactical, SOE and Mean Gene Leather. All great belts, SOE being the stiffest.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    I use Boxer Tactical, SOE and Mean Gene Leather. All great belts, SOE being the stiffest.
    My 5.11 is notably stiffer than my SOE.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I disagree I wear the 5.11 1.75 width trainer with a Safariland ALS holster, Taser, Mag pouch and Handcuff case 10+ hours a day, 5 days per week for at least the past 5 years. Its pretty damn stiff. I would hate to see much stiffer as it would start to cut/punch into you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12