Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: After trying out .327 Fed. For a few years...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    I reload a lot of .32 ACP/7.65 to feed a variety of autos; use a Dillon 550B, and load them without drama. IIRC, a Lee sizing die had to be replaced with a Dillon, and it is necessary to use the Extra Small charge bar.
    Amazed yinz have been finding reasonably priced .32s; bought a fair amount of factory (to shoot and for brass); it wasn't a bargain at the time. How has it been since the craziness?
    This thread has shined some light on what will (and won't) interchange in .32; gotta admit I was charmed by the .32 birds head Ruger. Have to look if that is standard production.
    As regards anyone reloading .25ACP, .32 is as low as Dillon goes. A late buddy compared reloading .25s to picking fly poo out of black pepper.
    Moon
    .32 acp was as low as $7.50 / 50 this time last year.

Now it's $35 / 50 on the low end IF you can find it. Just like all the other calibers.

Feedback Score
    Holy crap! :0 There was that brief, glorious phase when ammo was so cheap that I couldn't save anything by loading.
    Thanks,
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Both the 32 H&R and the 327 Fed Mag seem to be solid choices in terms of terminal performance.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ed-32-magnums/

Federal is bringing a 100gr "hunting" load out this year that's loaded with a Swift A Frame bullet. I wonder how well this load might work from a 2" or 3" barrel.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I recently fired some 100/115? Gr Gold Dots from my LCR .327.

Whoa! They recoil similar to 110 gr full power .357 magnum, but I think more. (They do push the bullet out faster) A little more muzzle blast, too.

This is not a good choice in a lightweight snubby.

The Federal Hydrashok 85 gr "low recoil" load is the way to go if you want to fire .327 magnum in these small guns.

I've fired that and it has considerably less recoil and blast.

If you aren't worried about expansion a hot 100 gr .32 magnum load is probably best. (@1000 fps from a snub)

Those are very controllable and penetrate well.

Feedback Score
    1 Ruger LCR .327 mag in stock!

https://tooeleshootingsupply.com/sho...el-ruger-5452/

These haven't been available in a while.

I have no financial interest.

Just sharing in case any of our locals are hot to buy one.

ALSO, Starline has .32 S&W, .32 S&W Long, .32 acp, and .32 Magnum cases in stock!

And this gun fires all of them!
    Last edited by Ron3; 06-30-21 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    1 Ruger LCR .327 mag in stock!

https://tooeleshootingsupply.com/sho...el-ruger-5452/

These haven't been available in a while.

I have no financial interest.

Just sharing in case any of our locals are hot to buy one.

ALSO, Starline has .32 S&W, .32 S&W Long, .32 acp, and .32 Magnum cases in stock!

And this gun fires all of them!
    I really like the round and think its a great choice for snub nosed revolvers because of the extra round you get. Just wish it was more popular.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I really like the round and think its a great choice for snub nosed revolvers because of the extra round you get. Just wish it was more popular.
    Pat
    FYI Hornady is making a 327 load now.

Not necessarily big news but news nonetheless. I also wish 327 was more popular.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    FYI Hornady is making a 327 load now.

Not necessarily big news but news nonetheless. I also wish 327 was more popular.

You can help, buy one! 😁

Honestly I'm happy with 6 shots of hot .32 Magnum in a 17 oz LCR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Both the 32 H&R and the 327 Fed Mag seem to be solid choices in terms of terminal performance.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ed-32-magnums/

Federal is bringing a 100gr "hunting" load out this year that's loaded with a Swift A Frame bullet. I wonder how well this load might work from a 2" or 3" barrel.
    1275-1375 fps would be my guess for that new A-Frame load.

https://www.federalpremium.com/handg...11-P327SA.html

I'm guessing recoil would be substantially better from a heavier gun like a Ruger Sp101 and warm .38-like (but still with magnum blast) from a Gp100. (Both made in .327)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've shot an LCR in 327 quite a bit. An SP101 in the same cartridge not so much.

I don't find recoil all the unpleasant. Akin to a hot 110gr and 125gr 357 from a similar firearm.

Maybe it is imagination but 327 seems louder. Maybe it is. But I think unpleasant muzzle blast gets correlated into more recoil since things like eyes and some inner ear bones are sensitive to pressure. Even with good ear protection some of the little bones take a beating.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast