Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: After trying out .327 Fed. For a few years...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    while I'm still not fully convinced it's not a solution in search of a problem caliber, I'm still interested in the .327 and keeping an eye on its development and such. Reading real world follow ups like this is helpful to.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. I am used to shooting 9mm autos and this little guy feels like a dang cannon going off with AE 85gr JSP ammo.

I need to find cheaper ammo so I can shoot it more often. I researched and understand that I can shoot a bunch of different "sub" calibers in this, but never really boiled it down to 1 load. Maybe the Fiochi 32 ACP is that load.

In the end, I always wanted some sort of single action revolver. I was going to buy the Ruger Birdshead in 45ACP but found this 327 at a decent deal. Its purely for fun and something maybe the kids can shoot down the road.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    while I'm still not fully convinced it's not a solution in search of a problem caliber, I'm still interested in the .327 and keeping an eye on its development and such. Reading real world follow ups like this is helpful to.
    Well, I'd say the "problem" is .38 special can be a little hard on the hand during training / practice and you only get 5 shots in the cylinder.

.327 magnum guns offer an extra shot, very low-recoil ammo, and hot ammo if you like.

Most .327's use the same holsters as the .38 / .357 version of the gun so that's not an issue.

Ammo is lighter and smaller for transport and storage.

.32 s&w Long costs the same as new brass .38 special. .327 the same as .357, though with fewer choices.

Give one a try if you get the opportunity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am used to shooting 9mm autos and this little guy feels like a dang cannon going off with AE 85gr JSP ammo.

I need to find cheaper ammo so I can shoot it more often. I researched and understand that I can shoot a bunch of different "sub" calibers in this, but never really boiled it down to 1 load. Maybe the Fiochi 32 ACP is that load.
    Yea, man. Grab a box of Fiocchi .32 acp and .32 S&W long and try them out.

Ppu .32 long is common online and about $13/50.

It's a shame .32 magnum is still pretty expensive.

Feedback Score
    I have the 327 LCR and a GP100 as well. I think it is a great caliber for all he reasons others have listed.

I don’t find it difficult to reload. I load 32SW Long, H&R Mag, and 327 Fed Mag. Reloading is the way to go!

I just wish Ruger would make a 3 inch LCRX, but apparently they have reasons not to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeOnTarget View Post
    I have the 327 LCR and a GP100 as well. I think it is a great caliber for all he reasons others have listed.

I don’t find it difficult to reload. I load 32SW Long, H&R Mag, and 327 Fed Mag. Reloading is the way to go!

I just wish Ruger would make a 3 inch LCRX, but apparently they have reasons not to.
    Ruger got 7 rounds in the .357 Gp100. I wish they could have fit 8 in the .327.

Feedback Score
    I have both the ruger SP-101 (6shot)and the GP100 (7shot)in .327. I reload for it with 115gr. SWC's(that comes powder coated). I load for about 1,000FPS. this is a very mild load (about like the H&R mag. load.) Do not shoot the Federal .327 mag. load. it actually kicks harder than a .357mag.(I and several others at my gun club all agreeded on this). but it's a very accurate load. I shoot steel plates with my two guns,(both have the 4.2 inch barrels.) and the guns and my loads knock the plates down hard. what is so surprising is these two pistols have very nice single and double action trigger pulls. I shoot both of mine double action all the time. I use the 115gr. bullet because it shoots to point of aim with factory sights!. I"m usually a Smith and Wwesson revolver person(L and N frame only) but I really like these two Rugers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakm View Post
    I have both the ruger SP-101 (6shot)and the GP100 (7shot)in .327. I reload for it with 115gr. SWC's(that comes powder coated). I load for about 1,000FPS. this is a very mild load (about like the H&R mag. load.) Do not shoot the Federal .327 mag. load. it actually kicks harder than a .357mag.(I and several others at my gun club all agreeded on this). but it's a very accurate load. I shoot steel plates with my two guns,(both have the 4.2 inch barrels.) and the guns and my loads knock the plates down hard. what is so surprising is these two pistols have very nice single and double action trigger pulls. I shoot both of mine double action all the time. I use the 115gr. bullet because it shoots to point of aim with factory sights!. I"m usually a Smith and Wwesson revolver person(L and N frame only) but I really like these two Rugers.
    I'd be interested to see terminal ballistics testing on that one, but interesting! 115g doing 1k FPS is 9mm territory.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I do have a crony,,, I've been wanting to try and see what the vel. really is with my load, 4.4 gr's of
    Win. 231 and a 115gr. powdered coated bullet. I'd love to try a hog with this load.(and yes, I've killed two hogs, one with a.40 caliber auto(CZ 75B in .40 caliber) and one with a .45 LC. smith! it took two shots to the head for each caliber)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakm View Post
    I do have a crony,,, I've been wanting to try and see what the vel. really is with my load, 4.4 gr's of
    Win. 231 and a 115gr. powdered coated bullet. I'd love to try a hog with this load.(and yes, I've killed two hogs, one with a.40 caliber auto(CZ 75B in .40 caliber) and one with a .45 LC. smith! it took two shots to the head for each caliber)
    You'd use FMJ for hogs no?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast