Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: After trying out .327 Fed. For a few years...

Feedback Score
    no, have you ever seen a FMJ in .32 caliber, I haven't but these are fairly hard lead that is powdered coated! but I'll look into finding a FM
    J for the 32 caliber. my friend that's doing the hunting now is under the weather(he dropped a sch. 80 pipe about 2 ft. long, 3 inch dia.on his big toe and it ain't healing good at all. the end bone in his big toe is just mush! X rays show just little pieces of bone in the meat.

Feedback Score
    I still haven't bought that 2nd .327 LCR.

I've been carrying one of my Beretta .25's as backup instead. I may have fired 1000 rounds of .25 this year. Fun!
    Last edited by Ron3; 06-20-20 at 21:47.

Feedback Score
    I reload every thing I shoot! but I can't even see the cases of .25 much less put powder in them! (I did hear about a man that was loading .25 and something else in a Dillon 550B) I tried to load .38 S&W and my powder bar wouldn't go that low for the powder(yes, Dillon 550B). and yes, I'm loading .327, but on a one stage Lee.

Feedback Score
    I have a early LCR in 327, ordered it the week of it's release. I carry it with 100 Grain American Eagle which is pretty stout to me. I have changed from the boot grip Tamer to the longer Tamer and that is a help. I also own a SS Blackhawk in 327, which is a eight shooter with a 5.5" barrel, heavy and a pleasure to shoot. Loud. I tried to buy a GP-100 327, but it was a auction that got too rich for my blood.

I am a 327 fan.

Feedback Score
    I finally found a second .327 LCR!

I'm not sure it was ever fired except by Ruger, either.

I had to trade my LCR .357 for it, though. That's okay, I had been firing .38 / .357 and buying .32 ammo for awhile, just phasing it out.

Now the revolvers we have are .327 so the accessories can all be shared now. Strips, loaders, and the neat SpeedBeez loading box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I finally found a second .327 LCR!

I'm not sure it was ever fired except by Ruger, either.

I had to trade my LCR .357 for it, though. That's okay, I had been firing .38 / .357 and buying .32 ammo for awhile, just phasing it out.

Now the revolvers we have are .327 so the accessories can all be shared now. Strips, loaders, and the neat SpeedBeez loading box.
    Congratulations I did find several HKS speed loaders on that rotten Amazon a few years back and they are nice Speed strips too I got one in eight rounds and by the time I used it, I could not find more. I load it two, space, two, space, two so I can load two holes at a time.. I only have SpeedBeez for 22 LR, 8 shot LCR and 10 shot GP 100

Again nice find.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I didn't check factory spec, but Accurate Arms says you can load a 115 grain hardcast to 1500 fps. That's pretty decent and is actually overkill for personal defense. I always ignored 327 but now I have a new respect for it.

Feedback Score
    I carry and occasionally shoot American Eagle 100 Grain ammo and it supposedly offers 1500 FPS, I don't know the barrel length but it feels like its volcanic. I also have a more civilized AE 85 grain it is a little lighter bullet and at 1400 FPS, really a big difference between the two. Between the two AE rounds I have 100 grain Speer Gold Dots and they say 1500 FPS out of a 4" barrel even though it is the same weight bullet as the AE 100, and the same reported speed the Gold Dots don't make me flinch. with the Ruger LCR, nothing bothers my Blackhawk.

No matter the gun or ammo with 327 Federal Magnum there is a big noise, big flash, big performance. I'm hooked.

Feedback Score
    I haven't even fired any full .327, just reduced Federal Hydrashok 85 gr that chronographed about 1100 fps from my LCR iirc. (I need to check my records)

I have some Georgia Arms .32 Magnum loaded with a 100gr sjhp that people report doesn't expand and that chronographed just over 1000 fps from my LCR. It recoils like a 148 gr .38 special wadcutter but with more bark.

I enjoy the wide variety of loads, lighter ammo and recoil, and six shots from a snub revolver.

Feedback Score
    I reload a lot of .32 ACP/7.65 to feed a variety of autos; use a Dillon 550B, and load them without drama. IIRC, a Lee sizing die had to be replaced with a Dillon, and it is necessary to use the Extra Small charge bar.
    Amazed yinz have been finding reasonably priced .32s; bought a fair amount of factory (to shoot and for brass); it wasn't a bargain at the time. How has it been since the craziness?
    This thread has shined some light on what will (and won't) interchange in .32; gotta admit I was charmed by the .32 birds head Ruger. Have to look if that is standard production.
    As regards anyone reloading .25ACP, .32 is as low as Dillon goes. A late buddy compared reloading .25s to picking fly poo out of black pepper.
    Moon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast