Guys/gals,
I haven’t spent a ton of time in this forum, but I’ve got some changes that need to be made.

Might have missed, but thought it would be cool to have a thread where people could post background, goals, approaches as they work on fitness. Personally, this will involve strength and hypertrophy, but first some needed weight loss.

Background: INTJ, zero military, generally active but skinny fat until just before college, got skinny again while teaching English in Africa 09-10, stayed active as hourly and then front line management back in US, gained weight intentionally on my own, got strong and leaner doing CrossFit 13-14... Now office/travel job since 15, put on 20 bad pounds since then. Went from Levi’s in 31” waist being comfortably loose to stretchy 32” being uncomfortable tight. These are glamour sizes, so about 35” waist actual.

Height: 5’ 10”
Africa low, 2010: 142#
Best strength to weight, fall 2013: 168#
Current, Dec 2019: 188#

I feel fat. Some of you might scoff at this, but for me, it’s become way past acceptable.

Goal: 170# with 425# deadlift

I haven’t really worked out since 2016. I do not have time due to work, travel, and kids to consistently hit a gym. DL will be primary driver of strength measurement, though I hope to get a squat cage in basement when I can find one cheap locally. Ceiling isn’t high enough for presses, but will work cleans once I build up an absolute strength base again. I also have some dumbbells and a kettlebell as I focus on the weight loss for a while.

I am aware diet is a huge part of weight manipulation. Going to work on that. Starbucks chai tea latte (laugh, go ahead) is the immediate sacrificial lamb.

Why? I feel like crap, my cholesterol is high, I’m vain, my wife is far more fit than I, and I want to play basketball with children when they’re old enough.

To make this a full SMART goal: by Thanksgiving 2020

Had to write this somewhere. Would love to see what you all are working on.