Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitness: Weight loss group accountability

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Nice work. I am a good bit heavier than you at 285, but have been seeing 2-3Lbs a week loss over about 40 lbs. Seems like a good rate to lose at. Any faster and i think it starts to take away muscle. I have been doing some weight training and cardio weekly as well and think i have actually added some muscle
    Yessir. It's very important to keep up with the weights when cutting fat to prevent losing muscle along the way. Slow and steady wins the race. Good work!

Feedback Score
    Here is what works for me:

Eat breakfast, and make it big. I suggest some sort of animal and a serving of fruit.

Eat meals, not snacks. Do solid meals each day, instead of little many times.

Watch your fructose intake, which can disrupt leptin.

If you’re training too much or too hard check out https://careyourbodynow.com/7-belly-...an-do-at-home/ , either cut back or support it with adequate nutrition and recovery time
    Turn off the electronics after dark, and use candles
    Consider light therapy, especially if you’re indoors during the day
    Practice stress reduction or avoidance
    Last edited by RonaldOO; 05-15-21 at 06:44.

Feedback Score
    Ugh... Stalled at 230lbs for the last 3 1/2 weeks, BUT, staying committed and motivated. I stalled immediately after starting to workout with my personal trainer. My guess is I am building muscle, hence the plateau in weight loss, but not sure. My diet has not change since starting my journey in Dec, so it’s not that. Well, I take that back, I did start intermittent fasting about 1 1/2 weeks ago, to try and jump start the weight loss again, no luck yet. I am doing 16 hours off, 8 hours eating.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yugo308guy View Post
    Ugh... Stalled at 230lbs for the last 3 1/2 weeks, BUT, staying committed and motivated. I stalled immediately after starting to workout with my personal trainer. My guess is I am building muscle, hence the plateau in weight loss, but not sure. My diet has not change since starting my journey in Dec, so it’s not that. Well, I take that back, I did start intermittent fasting about 1 1/2 weeks ago, to try and jump start the weight loss again, no luck yet. I am doing 16 hours off, 8 hours eating.
    If the weight isn't going down, start taking measurements instead. If your measurements are decreasing, but your weight is the same or increasing, you're gaining muscle. A lot of us put too much emphasis on the scale, but it's not the end all, be all. Track how you feel, how do your clothes fit, etc. You may be surprised. Keep up the hard work!
    Last edited by HCrum87hc; 05-14-21 at 08:05.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    If the weight isn't going down, start taking measurements instead. If you're measurements are decreasing, but your weight is the same or increasing, you're gaining muscle. A lot of us put too much emphasis on the scale, but it's not the end all, be all. Track how you feel, how do your clothes fit, etc. You may be surprised. Keep up the hard work!
    I own a scale. In fact, I own two, an old-school 'analog' and a newer digital. I have not been on a scale since my physical. I use how my clothes fit as a general gauge to progress.

For some, they need that objective data the scale gives, and that is just fine. To me, for me, I used to read too much in the scale's results.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I own a scale. In fact, I own two, an old-school 'analog' and a newer digital. I have not been on a scale since my physical. I use how my clothes fit as a general gauge to progress.

For some, they need that objective data the scale gives, and that is just fine. To me, for me, I used to read too much in the scale's results.
    My wife was the same way when she started lifting heavy. She'd get wrapped around the axle because the scale wasn't moving like she wanted it to, but I could tell she was leaning up and getting a lot stronger. She finally took some measurements and realized her clothes were looser and the weight on the bar was going up in the gym and realized the scale wasn't everything.

The scale is a great, measurable way to track progress, but it's just one tool in the toolbox, and isn't always the right tool for every situation. That's why I've never been a fan of the BMI measurements. It doesn't take into account lean muscle mass.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    ..... That's why I've never been a fan of the BMI measurements. It doesn't take into account lean muscle mass.
    The BMI was invented by the good idea fairy. I understood what the intent was, but it's long since been seen as an utterly unreliable tool aside from simple screening. I hate--hate--that the medical establishment still gloms onto it. It's the civilian version of the military's 'tape test,' which is just as unreliable.

Feedback Score
    283.2 this morning, down 2.6 pounds from last week. Tried to host a picture and post it, but cant get it to work. Starting to see some definition in my shoulders and arms which is nice. I have a large frame and have lifted on and off my whole adult life. I think if i can hit 230 the abs will be out. Not a full six pack, but i think i will be happy there. Half way there

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've crept back up to 178. Need to cut back on soda and extra treats and non healthy snacks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    228lbs this am. Heading out to a HIIT class this morning, then some trail running/hiking this afternoon. #committed!

Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast