Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost firearm in transit-whats next?

Feedback Score
    For any dealer, having a lost gun in transit (or in inventory) sucks. Thankfully, with the thousands of guns we have sold since 2009, it has only happened twice--and one was an NFA item just this year.

It is all on the shipper to file the form to the ATF, file the police report, and note it all in their ffl book once the shipping company can't find it with the claim number. The receiving ffl (and especially the customer) need not do anything but be patient for the process to be done and respectfully request a refund or a replacement--especially with an NFA item lost in shipment.

Hope that helps. I have all the documentation and links if any fellow dealer needs assistance with the process.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The firearm just delivered to my FFL this afternoon. I consider myself very lucky.

Yesterday I spoke to USPS, I told them there is a firearm in transit that I need to get a location but USPS can’t provide, therefore, the agent open a case for people to look into. I also asked them to provide the phone number of USPS distribution center where the firearm is last located. Called and they provide a different division phone number to call. Called a different phone number, hold for 25 mins on the phone and lady picked up the phone basically telling me the same thing, they don’t know where the truck is...

The seller, which is awesome one, called USPS yesterday and couldn’t find anyone from usps to provide any locations on the firearm. Then she told me she would have ship me another but she sold the last one to me. Then, all the sudden the shipment popped up and delivered to my FFL today magically.

I purchase firearms from internet quite often and from now on, I’ll never use USPS to ship or receive any firearm. It literally drive me nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123