Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost firearm in transit-whats next?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lost firearm in transit-whats next?

So I recently purchased a firearm from Gunbroker..it was shipped by USPS. I think the firearm is lost somewhere during transit...usps is still looking into it. Just in case is indeed lost. What’s next? I’m sure claims will be file, not sure if I will get this full amount back..do I also need to alert police department?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I would think the shipper is responsible, so he should refund and file claim since he set up insurance.

He should also file police report, but wouldnt hurt for you to as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How long missing?

A few years back around this time of year I had orders from 2 east coast states shipped to me via USPS head towards the midwest in steps for some unknown reason. 1 kept showing up on tracking daily, albeit via a convoluted route until it showed up a week or so later than estimated. The other just kept going west and eventually disappeared from tracking until it showed up at Knoxville and arrived 2 to 3 weeks late. The seller was getting ready to refund my payment when the package showed up in Knoxville.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 12-09-19 at 14:59.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    USPS lost a package I sent up north (not a gun but worth $500). I tracked it for a week before it fell off of the radar. I offered the buyer a refund but he was patient and wanted to wait. If I remember correctly the local postmaster said I had to wait a month before filing a claim for the insured value. He said it could be as simple as the package falling off of a conveyor belt and landing in a place that didn't get looked at very often. 3 plus weeks later it appeared to be moving again and arrived almost a month from the date I shipped it. Shit happens. IMO, in the OP's case the seller is responsible for delivering the gun to the buyer's FFL within a reasonable period of time. Only the OP can decide what "Reasonable" is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I would think the shipper is responsible, so he should refund and file claim since he set up insurance.

He should also file police report, but wouldnt hurt for you to as well.
    Most packages are shipped FOB.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It’s only couple days late, but I called USPS, but concern me it’s they don’t know where the freight is also, all the see it’s still in transit and there will be delay. They told me by end of this week if the package doesn’t arrive, then they will “flag” it.

This is shipped from TX to TN. There shouldn’t be any snow storm to cause the delay and it’s relatively short distance. Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m going to take a contrarian position and say that I would think a purchaser is responsible to insure a package, if desired.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I’m going to take a contrarian position and say that I would think a purchaser is responsible to insure a package, if desired.
    That's not how this works.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    That's not how this works.
    That is pretty much how shipping works all over the world, dating back to the British Empire. But since many folks like yourself do not know that, it would be prudent to state responsibilities up front your ad.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    That is pretty much how shipping works all over the world, dating back to the British Empire. But since many folks like yourself do not know that, it would be prudent to state responsibilities up front your ad.
    You may be correct for the British Empire, but according to Gunbrokers own policy you are not correct regarding the context of this discussion:
    “The seller is responsible for making sure an item is delivered to a buyer. If the item is lost or damaged in shipping, the seller is responsible for refunding the buyer’s payment, whether or not the item was insured. We strongly recommend sellers insure all packages with the carrier.”
    https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-...ed-in-Shipping
    Last edited by Striker6; 12-09-19 at 20:07.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast