Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Lost firearm in transit-whats next?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,641
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker6 View Post
    You may be correct for the British Empire, but according to Gunbrokers own policy you are not correct regarding the context of this Discussion: “The seller is responsible for making sure an item is delivered to a buyer. If the item is lost or damaged in shipping, the seller is responsible for refunding the buyer’s payment, whether or not the item was insured. We strongly recommend sellers insure all packages with the carrier.”
    https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-...ed-in-Shipping
    Yes, some internet sites have their own policies, though not the force of law, which is well established in the USA.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    162
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    True, true. Just trying to help the OP out.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,641
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker6 View Post
    True, true. Just trying to help the OP out.
    Yeah, I should have limited my response to the context - gunbroker policies.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    814
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    That is pretty much how shipping works all over the world, dating back to the British Empire. But since many folks like yourself do not know that, it would be prudent to state responsibilities up front your ad.
    We're talking about a Gunbroker sale and their policy, not a shipment of tea. But since many folks like yourself do not know that, and like to flap their lips out of context, it would be prudent to know what you're talking about.
    "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."- Neil McCauley

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,641
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    We're talking about a Gunbroker sale and their policy, not a shipment of tea. But since many folks like yourself do not know that, and like to flap their lips out of context, it would be prudent to know what you're talking about.
    Lol

    Before flapping your lips perhaps it would be prudent to read the whole thread, especially since you are a day late.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    814
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Lol

    Before flapping your lips perhaps it would be prudent to read the whole thread, especially since you are a day late.
    Says the guy who didn't read the first post or do a 30 second google search to find out what Gunbroker's policy is before commenting.
    "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."- Neil McCauley

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,641
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Says the guy who didn't read the first post or do a 30 second google search to find out what Gunbroker's policy is before commenting.
    Actually I did read the post. All the posts. And my comment was generic to how shipping all over the world works. Implication being gunbroker is different than the norm.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    252
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been shipping packages USPS around the holidays for decades and my personal highest is 17 days for a package to get from GA to TN (they border each other BTW). It went to CA->GA->CA->GA->NY->GA->TN and 2 days later it arrived. As the shipper I felt guilty the entire time thinking I had somehow ripped off the buyer (I didn't) and pled to refund the money so I could just move on with life. The buyer found it comical he could drive the continental US in the time the package was in transit.

    The change in package volume is a hundred fold and things happen. I would keep an eye on tracking, it may very well show up.

    On the subject of who's responsible for an item not received, it's probably a more pragmatic answer than one exact legal or rules based answer. The seller on Gunbroker is probably interested in good feedback on sales, so they can continue to sell, which won't happen with a non-delivery. Regardless of the law or the rules, my guess the seller will make it right.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    6,257
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I've been shipping packages USPS around the holidays for decades and my personal highest is 17 days for a package to get from GA to TN (they border each other BTW). It went to CA->GA->CA->GA->NY->GA->TN and 2 days later it arrived. As the shipper I felt guilty the entire time thinking I had somehow ripped off the buyer (I didn't) and pled to refund the money so I could just move on with life. The buyer found it comical he could drive the continental US in the time the package was in transit.

    The change in package volume is a hundred fold and things happen. I would keep an eye on tracking, it may very well show up.

    On the subject of who's responsible for an item not received, it's probably a more pragmatic answer than one exact legal or rules based answer. The seller on Gunbroker is probably interested in good feedback on sales, so they can continue to sell, which won't happen with a non-delivery. Regardless of the law or the rules, my guess the seller will make it right.
    As for responsibility, it makes sense that whoever sets it up is responsible.
    In an industrial setting, they buyer typically arranges freight.
    For an EE sale, IME the seller ships it. Details usually arranged ahead of time, but if they buyer states he wants insurance and the seller fails to insure- i cant see how buyer could be liable.

    On that note, if the seller sets it up with insurance as agreed, and it goes bad, the seller set up insurance, so he would file claim, correct? Ive never had it happen, but assume the one who sets up insurance would have to file the claim.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    67
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    So I recently purchased a firearm from Gunbroker..it was shipped by USPS. I think the firearm is lost somewhere during transit...usps is still looking into it. Just in case is indeed lost. Whatís next? Iím sure claims will be file, not sure if I will get this full amount back..do I also need to alert police department?

    Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know everyone likes to value their privacy, but I'd have the sender notify the US Postal Inspection Service to let them know there is a firearm in transit that is missing. I've had to do this with other carriers and it generally lights a fire under their ass and I figure out where my stuff is REAL QUICK. The last thing they want is their facility being under investigation.

    It is on the sender to ensure that the item gets from Point A to Point B, not the receiving party.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •