Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt or LMT? That is the question, for me.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Colt or LMT? That is the question, for me.

Need some thoughts/advice. I presently own a COLT SOCOM M4A1** which I purchased from Charlies' Custom Clones last year. Cool factor is way high. Proper roll marks, etc. I've upgraded the trigger group, pistol grip, put it in a Geissele buffer and spring, etc. and I'm running a LMT Enhanced BCG in it. So...yup...I have put in some serious coin into it. I did a lot research and read this forum quite a lot before I..wait for it ... pulled the trigger. But now I'm having second thoughts. Since it is a seller's market for COLT ARs right now, I'm considering moving over to a LMT 5.56 AR***, I'd bring my Geissele buffer and spring over to the LMT, and the enhanced BCG. My thinking is simply I can only own one AR and it seems the LMT gives me the most options for future caliber choices and it appears, at this point, the LMT is a more reliable AR. Be gentle, but feel free to advise/correct/kick around....help me make a decision please, and thank you.

** 1 × Colt M4A1 SOCOM Carbine Rifle, 2018 / 2019 14.5" pinned barrel

*** Still trying to decide on which LMT 5.56

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wouldn’t flip a Colt. I like mine. But if you get an LMT, get the MLok MRP upper. Preferably the Rifle length.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Just got my LMT order today. Needless to say they are getting an email.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    never mind.
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 12-09-19 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    Just got my LMT order today. Needless to say they are getting an email.
    Why are they getting an email?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    Why are they getting an email?
    I already sent them one just about a minute ago. I'm giving them a chance to respond before I spill the beans as the forum requires. You can PM me if you like.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    I already sent them one just about a minute ago. I'm giving them a chance to respond before I spill the beans as the forum requires. You can PM me if you like.
    Done, check your messages

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I see little reason to sell a Colt that runs to buy an LMT that will run equally well.

Buy the LMT now, cause there should be a law against only only one AR.

If Colts still aren't readily available during the upcoming election, sell it at that point, for likely more than double today's inflated market value...and use that money to buy two ARs after the Dems lose again.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    But now I'm having second thoughts.
    Weakly.

My thinking is simply I can only own one AR and it seems the LMT gives me the most options for future caliber choices and it appears, at this point, the LMT is a more reliable AR.
    Why can you only own 1 AR? LMT is a nice rifle but I don't think I'd call it "more reliable" than a Colt. I would say they are equal for all useful intents.

Be gentle
    Nah, we aren't your wife or boyfriend. You'll get it like you get it here.

but feel free to advise/correct/kick around....help me make a decision please, and thank you.
    Just buy an LMT and keep the Colt you overpaid for but can now sell for a profit (since you bought it from Charlies Cloners).

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Well... I am selling my only complete Colt, so maybe this will seem disengenuous... But, why? I “had to have” the roll mark, and then realized I didn’t really care; in fact, I’d rather have another MARS-L lower.
    I don’t know that anyone would say LMT is more reliable. Colt had some QC issues with bolts early in the 2000’s as I recall, and those were resolved a long time ago. Your Colt will go bang every time. If we’re talking QC, my first MARS lower had a poorly machined safety lever that had to be replaced. Nowhere is perfect, but both Colt and LMT produce reliable weapons that have killed plenty of people.

But, if you just want something more unique or that you like more for some reason, get the LMT.

No one on the forum can decide that for you... And obviously, some of us just like to “tinker,” as someone on the forum said a while back.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast