Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt or LMT? That is the question, for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    My thinking is simply I can only own one AR
    WTF is this? Why?

But, I'd keep the rifle you have that's good and works.

What optic are you running? Light? How many mags and cases of ammo do you have? Classes? Spare parts like (the original) BCG, springs, detents...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I own a Colt m4 commando 11.5 SBR and LMT Mk18 10.5 SBR. The Colt is a fine rifle but the LMT is a better firearm hands down from fit to finish. LMT would be my choice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This is not the time to sell...it is the time to buy. Prices have been very good, BF sales, Xmas is coming, etc.

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    Either is fine.

I want to know why you can only have 1 ar

Feedback Score
    I got both, and will make a few observations:

(1) Finish is better on LMT than Colt
    (2) LMT’s staking on both my lowers and a few of BCG’s was very weak; glad I bought a MOAK’s tool
    (3) LMT does not parkerize under the FSB (both my 10.5” and 14.5” uppers)
    (4) I like the LMT MRP platform compared to the Colt monolith platform (have two). The removal of the barrel and able to switch from piston to DI on the LMT is a great feature.
    (5) Colt uses taper pins on the FSB; LMT uses straight pins.
    (6) LMT has their markings on the left side of the receiver a la BCM. It does not bother me, but for some it does.
    (7) My Colt M4 lower came with a H buffer (changed out to Colt H2) and my Colt SOCOM lower came with a H2 buffer. Both my LMT’s came with standard Carbine buffers, which I changed out to H2 buffers.
    (8) I like the options LMT has on their lowers, from standard furniture such as Ergo grip, SOPMOD, and LMT two stage triggers. LMT also went all out with their new MARS lowers, which gives KAC a run for it’s money. With Colt you get the normal crappy A2 pistol grip, waffle stock, and creepy trigger.

I would keep the Colt and save up for a LMT MRP/MLC upper or complete rifle. As much as I like LMT and their BCG’s, I am biased towards Colt and their SOCOM barrels. They are just stupid accurate
    Last edited by veeklog; 12-09-19 at 21:34.

Feedback Score
    Yet another thread with some type of personal limitation of only-being-able-to-own-one-(could be any gun; AR15, handgun, etc.).
    Any gun can break or get broken. At that moment, it'll be good to have another. Keep the Colt and get the LMT, too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There are only two types of firearms I regret-
    - those I didn't buy
    - those that I sold

Keep the Colt. Buy the LMT. Or, just buy a big pile of ammo and shoot the hell out of your M4A1 SOCOM, smug in your knowledge that you got it right in the first place (including the Colt spring & H2 buffer. Put that braided G spring & buffer in something else, like your buddy's Bushy!)
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post

If Colts still aren't readily available during the upcoming election, sell it at that point, for likely more than double today's inflated market value...and use that money to buy two ARs after the Dems lose again.
    GOOD one! 😂

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    There are only two types of firearms I regret-
    - those I didn't buy
    - those that I sold

Keep the Colt. Buy the LMT. Or, just buy a big pile of ammo and shoot the hell out of your M4A1 SOCOM, smug in your knowledge that you got it right in the first place (including the Colt spring & H2 buffer. Put that braided G spring & buffer in something else, like your buddy's Bushy!)
    Bingo, just keep the Colt and Buy an LMT. Two of the best, then buy a BCM and hit the tri fecta

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-10-19 at 00:35.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Colts are online for big prices but I'm not seeing them selling. I've got a CCU and it's not eating much but I wouldn't sale it at this point. It really comes down to wanting another equal product. I think you'll come out behind in the deal, I always seem to when it comes to gun swapping. Save your pennies and but the LMT.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast