Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt or LMT? That is the question, for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Seems like you've convinced yourself that your SOCOM is worth what you paid Charlie for it when it's really just an 6920 with a RAS. Deep down, I'm hoping that you didn't really pay $3K for the damned thing because of "authenticity" then turn around and modify it lol. But I digress...

You're not gaining anything significant by swapping from Colt to LMT unless you already have a sucker willing to get you out of that SOCOM. Maybe if you're getting a MARS gun or an MRP or both but even then unless you have a specific need for those features it's probably a moot point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Every LMT I have with the long MRP rail touches the gas block on the LMT barrel.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veeklog View Post
    I like the LMT MRP platform compared to the Colt monolith platform (have two). The removal of the barrel and able to switch from piston to DI on the LMT is a great feature.

I don't agree with that.

The Colt mono system has much more room inside of it for gas blocks. It also has a more robust barrel attachment method. The Colt Canada MRR is superior or any other mono upper on the market. Not even close.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I don't agree with that.

The Colt mono system has much more room inside of it for gas blocks. It also has a more robust barrel attachment method. The Colt Canada MRR is superior or any other mono upper on the market. Not even close.
    I wish we could get the Colt MRR here in the U.S. since it is a nice concept. That being said, i like my Colt 6942 and 6945 I bought a few years ago; They are fantastic robust uppers. What I do like about the MRP is the interchangeability on the barrels which is user friendly. However, I do see your point on the barrel attachment. The barrel attachment is more robust on the Colt because it is secured by a barrel nut while the LMT MRP series are secured by two screws.
    Last edited by veeklog; 12-10-19 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Appreciate those who have provided helpful comments, thanks. I'm thinking about climbing down off the "sell my Colt" ledge. As for those douche-nozzles making comments about why only one AR...it is because it is all I can afford, that's why, so shove it up your ejection port.
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 12-10-19 at 15:54.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't agree with that.

I couldn't disagree more with the above. Literally the exact opposite of my opinion. No way in hell is the Colt upper better than the LMT one.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Every LMT I have with the long MRP rail touches the gas block on the LMT barrel.
    That's odd, I own 4 different rifle length chassis, along with numerous barrels from 14.5" to 18" in length.....you literally can't get the barrel to budge inside the chassis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I can't believe people are questioning the strength of the LMT lock up.

The MRP chassis is way stronger than a barrel nut due to the amount of actual barrel being captured inside the chassis VS. the small amount captured via traditional barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    the socom is a greate ar with good parts.
    so is the lmt. personal preference imo.

Feedback Score
    I bought a stock 6920,then a colt cage code 14.5” m4 barrel,did the pin and weld myself,ta31,arms 19l Mount,kac ras,geissele ssa,surefire m951 with arms mount,lmt ebcg.
    Got waaaay more in it than I could ever get out of it...
    But damn is it sweet!!!
    If you have a buyer lined up to pay what you got in it,why not sell it and get what you want?
    Mine ain’t goin no where!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast