Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super 42 buffer spring with what bcg?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Super 42 buffer spring with what bcg?

Hey guys looking to upgrade my ddm4v5. Putting in a geissele ssa e trigger and want to upgrade to the super 42 spring. Also want to upgrade/change out the bcg. What suggestions do you guys have. Also for those who may ask I enjoy always upgrading parts and with the left over parts I can use for another build. Thanks guys

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Add the spring if you want. Keep the BCG. There’s really no need to “upgrade” from a DD BCG.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Add the spring if you want. Keep the BCG. There’s really no need to “upgrade” from a DD BCG.
    This ^^^ DD BCG is solid!! Geissele Super 42 spring/buffer is really nice. Order and extra Tungsten weight right away to make it an H2.

If you WANT to get the creme of creme, LMT FA Enhanced BCG # L7Q3.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The trigger has obvious pros, the buffer is more debatable. But why do you want to do anything to the BCG?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    This ^^^ DD BCG is solid!! Geissele Super 42 spring/buffer is really nice. Order and extra Tungsten weight right away to make it an H2.

If you WANT to get the creme of creme, LMT FA Enhanced BCG # L7Q3.

Tungsten weight for my stock buffer I'm assuming?do stock DD have an H buffer? Not h2

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorq21 View Post
    Tungsten weight for my stock buffer I'm assuming?do stock DD have an H buffer? Not h2
    If you are using the Geissele super 44 spring, you have to use their Buffer with it. Its proprietary and must be used together. You can't run your regular buffer with that Geissele spring, it doesnt fit. You can order then seperate only because for replacement.

Most all buffers come as H1. I always go straight to H2 buffer. The Giessele buffer needs an additional Tungsten weight to make it an H2. Very easy to install.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you are using the Geissele super 44 spring, you have to use their Buffer with it. Its proprietary and must be used together. You can't run your regular buffer with that Geissele spring, it doesnt fit. You can order then seperate only because for replacement.

Most all buffers come as H1. I always go straight to H2 buffer. The Giessele buffer needs an additional Tungsten weight to make it an H2. Very easy to install.

No you don't. Been running my 42 spring with a spikes ST T2 buffer for over 1000 rounds now without issue.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    No you don't. Been running my 42 spring with a spikes ST T2 buffer for over 1000 rounds now without issue.
    Your comment is why regardless of online advise, do some research first. You can do to your rifle however you see fit but according to Giessele.... I asked them specifically about this and they said NOT to use standard buffer because diameter is different. But you do you...

Last edited by SilentRecon; 12-10-19 at 08:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Before you go off and spend the money your Grandma gave you for Christmas, what problems are you trying to solve with a new BCG and buffer springs/weights besides stimulating the economy?

I mean it's your money, but if you're not sitting on at least a case of quality ammo, 10x mags, a quality optic, sling and light then your priorities are wrong, not just out of order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your comment is why regardless of online advise, do some research first. You can do to your rifle however you see fit but according to Giessele.... I asked them specifically about this and they said NOT to use standard buffer because diameter is different. But you do you...

If it doesn't fit over standard buffers, why the warning of damage should you install it? The spring fits standard buffers and works just fine. The size difference is only at the shoulder where the spring seats, and the difference is approximately 0.025" of an inch. All other dimensions are the same as a stock buffer. Geissele uses this scare tactic to entice you to buy their buffer weights and use their buffer to tune your rifle. Any buffer will fit.
    Last edited by Mysteryman; 12-15-19 at 01:22.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast