Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super 42 buffer spring with what bcg?

Feedback Score

Super 42 buffer spring with what bcg?

Hey guys looking to upgrade my ddm4v5. Putting in a geissele ssa e trigger and want to upgrade to the super 42 spring. Also want to upgrade/change out the bcg. What suggestions do you guys have. Also for those who may ask I enjoy always upgrading parts and with the left over parts I can use for another build. Thanks guys

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Add the spring if you want. Keep the BCG. There’s really no need to “upgrade” from a DD BCG.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Add the spring if you want. Keep the BCG. There’s really no need to “upgrade” from a DD BCG.
    This ^^^ DD BCG is solid!! Geissele Super 42 spring/buffer is really nice. Order and extra Tungsten weight right away to make it an H2.

If you WANT to get the creme of creme, LMT FA Enhanced BCG # L7Q3.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The trigger has obvious pros, the buffer is more debatable. But why do you want to do anything to the BCG?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    This ^^^ DD BCG is solid!! Geissele Super 42 spring/buffer is really nice. Order and extra Tungsten weight right away to make it an H2.

If you WANT to get the creme of creme, LMT FA Enhanced BCG # L7Q3.

Tungsten weight for my stock buffer I'm assuming?do stock DD have an H buffer? Not h2

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorq21 View Post
    Tungsten weight for my stock buffer I'm assuming?do stock DD have an H buffer? Not h2
    If you are using the Geissele super 44 spring, you have to use their Buffer with it. Its proprietary and must be used together. You can't run your regular buffer with that Geissele spring, it doesnt fit. You can order then seperate only because for replacement.

Most all buffers come as H1. I always go straight to H2 buffer. The Giessele buffer needs an additional Tungsten weight to make it an H2. Very easy to install.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The trigger has obvious pros, the buffer is more debatable. But why do you want to do anything to the BCG?
    Overthink lubricity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    If you are using the Geissele super 44 spring, you have to use their Buffer with it. Its proprietary and must be used together. You can't run your regular buffer with that Geissele spring, it doesnt fit. You can order then seperate only because for replacement.

Most all buffers come as H1. I always go straight to H2 buffer. The Giessele buffer needs an additional Tungsten weight to make it an H2. Very easy to install.

There website has a specific h2 buffer. Would I still have to add the weight to that buffer?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    There website has a specific h2 buffer. Would I still have to add the weight to that buffer?
    You would order the set that comes with the H2 buffer.

If you wanted to avoid spending $82 on something that will not improve the performance of a quality rifle, and if your existing buffer is an H/H1, you could purchase a tungsten weight (KAK is one source) and simply replace one of your existing buffer’s steel weights with a tungsten weight. This would make your original buffer an H2.

Nothing wrong with purchasing Geissele’s kit, but it isn’t necessary. Personally, if I felt the need to play with the buffer system, I’d just spend about another $20 and convert to an A5 system.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    No you can order the H2 with spring. I got the H1/spring combo on sale and added a tungsten weight to make it an H2. It does feel better and takes harmonics out of the typical buffer ping. I run a JP enterprises H2 Silent Capture in one of my Noveskes and it's amazing. Not comparable to a standard spring/buffer combo, just spendy to outfit everything with them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast