Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super 42 buffer spring with what bcg?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    The "Christmas money" comment was a joke guys...

But I'll stand by what I said. If you can't identify a deficiency in the system that needs fixing/upgrading it's probably best keep your money in your pocket before you become one of those guys that ends up with a non-functioning rifle after they get done "upgrading" it.
    Candor over the internet isn't always easy to decipher but understand. I dont disagree with your second statement whatsoever. Having that is a priority but we must not assume they dont.

Upgrading an already high end quality rifle where it counts is nice (Rails, grip, trigger, CH, stock, buffer weight etc does little to negatively effect reliability if it's good stuff and applied correctly.). BCG can but not if it's a proven high end replacement. Never touch gas systems from factory is always my golden rule unless it overly gassed and you shoot suppressed often. Franken uppers I don't personally touch, but they can be reliable if done correctly!

Have a great Christmas and happy 2020!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have 3 super 42’s,I use them with lmt ebcg,a colt bcg and a psa nitride bcg.
    Can’t tell any difference...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    Your comment is why regardless of online advise, do some research first. You can do to your rifle however you see fit but according to Giessele.... I asked them specifically about this and they said NOT to use standard buffer because diameter is different. But you do you...

If it doesn't fit over standard buffers, why the warning of damage should you install it? The spring fits standard buffers and works just fine. The size difference is only at the shoulder where the spring seats, and the difference is approximately 0.025" of an inch. All other dimensions are the same as a stock buffer. Geissele uses this scare tactic to entice you to buy their buffer weights and use their buffer to tune your rifle. Any buffer will fit.
    Last edited by Mysteryman; 12-15-19 at 01:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    If it doesn't fit over standard buffers, why the warning of damage should you install it? The spring fits standard buffers and works just fine. The size difference is only at the shoulder where the spring seats, and the difference is approximately 0.025" of an inch. All other dimensions are the same as a stock buffer. Geissele uses this scare tactic to entice you to buy their buffer weights and use their buffer to tune your rifle. Any buffer will fit.
    I would not suggest to anyone else to not follow the manufacturer's recommendation. The spring diameter is larger, necessitating a different buffer diameter. You are likely causing increased wear to your buffer tube and probably shortening the life of the buffer spring and buffer. Just because it works now does not mean that it is a good course of action. I would not be surprised if you are not experiencing the full benefits of the system as a result of your failure to follow their instructions.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Strong move replacing the trigger. You will see definite benefits. The other stuff, ask yourself what are you trying to achieve? If you can’t answer that question then you are “upgrading” for the sake of it. Save your money there and buy more ammo.

FWIW, I wouldn’t waste any time trying to be smarter than Mr. Geissele. He seems to know a couple of things.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    I would not suggest to anyone else to not follow the manufacturer's recommendation. The spring diameter is larger, necessitating a different buffer diameter. You are likely causing increased wear to your buffer tube and probably shortening the life of the buffer spring and buffer. Just because it works now does not mean that it is a good course of action. I would not be surprised if you are not experiencing the full benefits of the system as a result of your failure to follow their instructions.
    Wise words. For someone to suggest otherwise that Geissele is misleading on their Super 42 buffer/spring combo for extra profit is hilarious. Just because "it seems to be working ok" with their standard buffer/ super 42 spring combo does not mean it is whatsoever and should be taken with a single grain of salt.

I want to assume people just didn't read the warning before buying just the spring. If they read the warning and proceed anyway, that's their own decision. It would be interesting to hear Mr. Giessele input on this and how their extensive R&D and warning label must be smoke and mirrors.

Geissele also recommends to NOT use anti walk pins like KNS on their triggers. Static pins can cause issues with their triggers under heavy use and cause issues even though KNS makes pins for the trigger.

Under light use, they may never present a problem and I see then used unknowingly all the time with Geissele triggers but why not listen to a manufacture?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    The spring diameter is not larger, it's exactly the same at 0.93"

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    Wise words. For someone to suggest otherwise that Geissele is misleading on their Super 42 buffer/spring combo for extra profit is hilarious. Just because "it seems to be working ok" with their standard buffer/ super 42 spring combo does not mean it is whatsoever and should be taken with a single grain of salt.

I want to assume people just didn't read the warning before buying just the spring. If they read the warning and proceed anyway, that's their own decision. It would be interesting to hear Mr. Giessele input on this and how their extensive R&D and warning label must be smoke and mirrors.

Geissele also recommends to NOT use anti walk pins like KNS on their triggers. Static pins can cause issues with their triggers under heavy use and cause issues even though KNS makes pins for the trigger.

Under light use, they may never present a problem and I see then used unknowingly all the time with Geissele triggers but why not listen to a manufacture?

You can't buy just the super 42 braided spring for carbine, they're sold as sets only. And yes, I read the warning, then measured the parts and there is zero difference in dimensions other than the shoulder of the Geissele buffer being 0.025" narrower than a milspec buffer. If Mr. Geissele would chime in and explain their position on not using a stock buffer I would be all ears. Until then, with identical dimensions there is no logical reason a stock buffer can't be used.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    The spring diameter is not larger, it's exactly the same at 0.93"

You can't buy just the super 42 braided spring for carbine, they're sold as sets only. And yes, I read the warning, then measured the parts and there is zero difference in dimensions other than the shoulder of the Geissele buffer being 0.025" narrower than a milspec buffer. If Mr. Geissele would chime in and explain their position on not using a stock buffer I would be all ears. Until then, with identical dimensions there is no logical reason a stock buffer can't be used.
    Without your knowing anything that went into the engineering, and decision to use only one metic to justify going against the manufacturer's warning, it's ill-advised -- but your rifle, your risk.

However, accusing a solid company with a stellar reputation of swindling their customers is poor form without actual evidence, and not generally tolerated on this forum.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankstrap View Post
    Without your knowing anything that went into the engineering, and decision to use only one metic to justify going against the manufacturer's warning, it's ill-advised -- but your rifle, your risk.

However, accusing a solid company with a stellar reputation of swindling their customers is poor form without actual evidence, and not generally tolerated on this forum.
    You're a new member on this forum. I don't think anyone gave you a right to represent other members on this forum.

Mysteryman is right. He went out and measured things for other members to consider. He provided his opinion based on his findings and experience. You might disagree with him or not, but from the engineering standpoint he's right. Unless you can provide some definitive counter arguments to his solid data you should keep comments like that to yourself.

If you paid a little bit of attention to some shady things G, as a company, pulled over the last few years you wouldn't be saying this. (Edit: this is not to negatively reflect on G products. This is a personal opinion to say I disagree with the way the company handled themselves on more than one occasion regarding representation of their product performance)
    Last edited by alx01; 12-17-19 at 18:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankstrap View Post

2 posts since joining, both about Geissele. Curious....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast