Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super 42 buffer spring with what bcg?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    You would order the set that comes with the H2 buffer.

If you wanted to avoid spending $82 on something that will not improve the performance of a quality rifle, and if your existing buffer is an H/H1, you could purchase a tungsten weight (KAK is one source) and simply replace one of your existing buffer’s steel weights with a tungsten weight. This would make your original buffer an H2.

Nothing wrong with purchasing Geissele’s kit, but it isn’t necessary. Personally, if I felt the need to play with the buffer system, I’d just spend about another $20 and convert to an A5 system.
    Have you converted your rifles to the at system

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    If you are using the Geissele super 44 spring, you have to use their Buffer with it. Its proprietary and must be used together. You can't run your regular buffer with that Geissele spring, it doesnt fit. You can order then seperate only because for replacement.

Most all buffers come as H1. I always go straight to H2 buffer. The Giessele buffer needs an additional Tungsten weight to make it an H2. Very easy to install.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    No you don't. Been running my 42 spring with a spikes ST T2 buffer for over 1000 rounds now without issue.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorq21 View Post
    Have you converted your rifles to the at system
    No. I have one rifle setup currently, but the benefits aren’t there like from carbine to A5. Essentially, the A5 system is designed to mimic the rifle.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    No you don't. Been running my 42 spring with a spikes ST T2 buffer for over 1000 rounds now without issue.
    Your comment is why regardless of online advise, do some research first. You can do to your rifle however you see fit but according to Giessele.... I asked them specifically about this and they said NOT to use standard buffer because diameter is different. But you do you...

Last edited by SilentRecon; 12-10-19 at 08:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Before you go off and spend the money your Grandma gave you for Christmas, what problems are you trying to solve with a new BCG and buffer springs/weights besides stimulating the economy?

I mean it's your money, but if you're not sitting on at least a case of quality ammo, 10x mags, a quality optic, sling and light then your priorities are wrong, not just out of order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Before you go off and spend the money your Grandma gave you for Christmas, what problems are you trying to solve with a new BCG and buffer springs/weights besides stimulating the economy?

I mean it's your money, but if you're not sitting on at least a case of quality ammo, 10x mags, a quality optic, sling and light then your priorities are wrong, not just out of order.
    Kind of a snide comment to the OP. How do you know he is a kid and doesn't shoot all the time? I know guys who shoot all the time but have never been into upgrading certain parts so they ask questions. Don't be self righteous and assume. He's simply asking for advice on upgrading a firearm, not asking if he should. Who cares if he wants to or if its needed. People enjoy upgrading things all the time regardless if they "need too". The common response of "shoot more, buy more ammo, blah blah" is getting boring. Offering advise to his specific question goes a long way.

Feedback Score
    Kind of a snide comment to the OP. How do you know he is a kid and doesn't shoot all the time? I know guys who shoot all the time but have never been into upgrading certain parts so they ask questions. Don't be self righteous and assume. He's simply asking for advice on upgrading a firearm, not asking if he should. Who cares if he wants to or if its needed. People enjoy upgrading things all the time regardless if they "need too". The common response of "shoot more, buy more ammo, blah blah" is getting boring. Offering advise to his specific question goes a long way.

Well said silent recon. And yes I'm a 28yr old who shoots very often and funds my passion with my own hard earned money and provide for my family. I am fortunate enough to do so on my own land. I have the quality optic, ammunition,sling, light and mags. Like silentrecon said more of educating myself from others who have personal experience in the criteria i specified about. Potentially looking to in a sense upgrade. Nothing is broken with firearm works flawless. I use the shit out of it.

Feedback Score
    Well anyway no sense in bickering thank you guys for the information.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well said silent recon. And yes I'm a 28yr old who shoots very often and funds my passion with my own hard earned money and provide for my family. I am fortunate enough to do so on my own land. I have the quality optic, ammunition,sling, light and mags. Like silentrecon said more of educating myself from others who have personal experience in the criteria i specified about. Potentially looking to in a sense upgrade. Nothing is broken with firearm works flawless. I use the shit out of it.
    Excellence! We are all involved in the same passion with similar goals- Never be ashamed to ask and keep unloading the lead!

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)

The "Christmas money" comment was a joke guys...

But I'll stand by what I said. If you can't identify a deficiency in the system that needs fixing/upgrading it's probably best keep your money in your pocket before you become one of those guys that ends up with a non-functioning rifle after they get done "upgrading" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast