Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incognito Weapon and ammo transport

Feedback Score
    Are these ideas for theft-prevention?

Because if not, I don’t understand why anyone would want to camouflage their kit like this. What’s wrong with a rectangular padded rifle bag? Or a Rubbermaid bin full of tactical nylon gear? What am I missing? Do you all hail from commie states?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post

Because if not, I don’t understand why anyone would want to camouflage their kit like this. What’s wrong with a rectangular padded rifle bag? Or a Rubbermaid bin full of tactical nylon gear? What am I missing? Do you all hail from commie states?
    Sure thats some of it but depending on your housing situation it’s great for nosy neighbors and apartments/landlords etc that don’t like firearms.

To the OP if you actually play guitar or a sport etc that has cases that can fit your firearms and accessories that makes things easier.

I lucked out with playing tennis. The bag I was already using has padding and enough room for two ar15s, other gear and an actual racquet or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Yes. Criminals know what rifle cases look like. They also know that if they see someone walking between the vehicle and house carrying one of these cases, then there will be guns in the house. Guns are valuable, so a home owner with guns likely also has other stuff that's worth stealing. I may trust my neighbors, but certainly not everybody that drives down the street.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My $15 Wilson tennis racket case works wonders.

Fits my whole rifle assembled with a 20 round mag inserted.

10.3 and 11.5 both fit in it, and easily removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Yes. Criminals know what rifle cases look like. They also know that if they see someone walking between the vehicle and house carrying one of these cases, then there will be guns in the house. Guns are valuable, so a home owner with guns likely also has other stuff that's worth stealing. I may trust my neighbors, but certainly not everybody that drives down the street.
    Understood, but, guitars and amps are easily pawned. They are valuable too. Maybe not quite to the degree that firearms are, but still.

If crims casing the place while you walk to and from your vehicle is the concern, I’d hide everything inside a garbage bag full of cans. Just going to the bottle return at the grocery store.

Feedback Score
    Bookbag.

If a rifle muzzle sticks out, wrap some poster board around it...

Typical student/business stuff with presentation-look... and it doesnt look valuable.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Look at Uline https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...rrugated-Boxes: I got a few of these. I've always felt that plain and simple cardboard boxes are about as covert and incognito as it gets. Walking to and from your home to car and vise versa holding a standard cardboard box with no labels or product advertisement wouldn't attract many would be thieves.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    On the cheap I regularly use the older style baseball bat bags which you can get 18" or 20" gun in and a ton of ammo. For shorties I use either yoga mat cases or ukulele cases. Large style top opening soft tool bags that you can get at home depot are great for broken down ARs.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Had a photography instructor who at times needed to transport some nice Nikons and leave them in her car for a while.
    Used an old “dirty diapers” pail that was marked as such, and left visible in back of her station wagon.
    Never had a problem.

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast