Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Incognito Weapon and ammo transport

Feedback Score
    I am a minority here, but if you really need to be covert then I favor a small PCC i.e. MP5K, mini uzi, BT TP9.

Which as pistols with a brace make perfect sense to me. Ammo is easier to carry due to smaller size. In a covert situation and in the USA, you are not going to be making shots farther than 75 meters.

I have run many a mission with such weapons and had little issues with them. Does a rifle hit harder, of course. Can you make a PCC get the job done for sure and easier to carry.

Feedback Score
    Any bag will do. I prefer not to use bags that look like they contain valuable sports equipment.

I also really prefer guns that take down or at least have a folding stock.

Hey, YONI, what do you think of the VZ-61 Skorpion? I have one, semi-auto only, and really enjoy it. It's very reliable and plenty accurate at 25 M, which is the furthest I've fired it. Those little 20 rd mags are light and it's easy to carry a bunch of them.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if the niche where the TP9, Mp5k, etc. Live is even smaller or non-existent now between short rifles and full size pistols with 20 + round magazines and electronic optics?

Obviously a good stock and / or full auto capability count for something, if available.

Feedback Score
    I have only messed about with the VZ-61 Skorpion, but it is a great little gun but not up to the level of MP5k, BT TP9.

I still think the very short barrel rifle V PCC, the PCC wins for covert use.

Carry a SBR commando sized weapon is still 26 inches long. Go down to the Sig Rattler, you get muzzle blast and 1800 fps give or take. The magazines are bigger harder to carry covert. I can put 2 mags for PCC in a front pants pocket and only 1 for rifle. If you are covert you might need more ammo if you get bounced.
    I am very interested in the Leigh Defense 65grain +P 9mm round, it will also give us 1800 fps, no muzzle blast. I just want to go out and shoot live things with it .

Feedback Score
    Regarding pistols with RMR V TP9, MP5k. You can always shoot the shoulder fired weapon faster and more accurate.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I frequently use a bag designed for carrying a yoga mat to transport an SBS or broken-down AR. I lined the inside with a very thin layer of foam so it looks like a bag with a yoga mat inside.

The one time I was asked about it, I said I use it to dispel negative energy.
    Lots of this. I used to put a side-folder AK with a 10 round mag into a yoga mat bag and call it a day. Additionally, tennis racket bags are really good (especially the large ones for multiple rackets and shoes), especially if you can pull off a polo and know the sport enough to be conversational, depending on your environment.

Knowing enough about a particular activity to respond to someone can very quickly shift their demeanor from apprehensive to completely positive, and keep whatever you've got in your bag out of sight/mind to an inquisitive person.

I remember talking down a guy who straight up asked me if I had a gun in the pelican case that I was carrying through an elevator in a residential building by telling him that I was headed out to the country with my telescope/camera gear, which was super fragile - hence the big Pelican case. I smiled, told him about the atmospheric conditions that I was expecting later that evening and how great the f-stop on the lens that I had was, and he quickly realized that I would probably talk his ear off about something entirely boring, and left the fact that I had a locked Pelican completely alone - there's definitely a human factor to this too.

If your friend is already into golf, that's a great place to start, but it depends on if/where he would be leaving the bag unattended.

On an entirely different note, the Leigh Defense 65gr +P in 9mm is a really cool round from what little I've shot of it; great recoil impulse too from the relatively few rounds that I've shot of them/what I've shot them out of (G19, P320, P365). I can only imagine what a few more inches of barrel would do for this round. If you're able to see the results in live tissue, I'd be interested in hearing about it too.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    While not as incognito as some of the things mentioned, Noveske’s Discreet Backpack is made for a broken down AR or an SBR with molle webbing on the inside. Works well.

Edit: An AR15 with a 16” barrel and the Law Tactical folding stock adapter will fit without being taken apart but it’s very, VERY tight fitting at the top.
    Last edited by K-Dero; 04-28-20 at 13:11.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123