Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Poll

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    686
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I doubt you'll get legitimate user feedback here on any of the three rifles you're considering. While I have seen Falkor and Nemo rifles under glass, I've never read of them being mentioned on this site. I'm certain JP makes a rifle capable of meeting your precision requirements, I don't know how reliable it would be.

    If I had $4,500 to spend on a rifle, I'd drive across the city to speak with the folks at GA Precision. Their GAP-10 G2 ought to meet the very basic requirements stated so far in this thread.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I doubt you'll get legitimate user feedback here on any of the three rifles you're considering. While I have seen Falkor and Nemo rifles under glass, I've never read of them being mentioned on this site. I'm certain JP makes a rifle capable of meeting your precision requirements, I don't know how reliable it would be.

    If I had $4,500 to spend on a rifle, I'd drive across the city to speak with the folks at GA Precision. Their GAP-10 G2 ought to meet the very basic requirements stated so far in this thread.
    Thatís helpful. Thank you sir.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic states
    Posts
    212
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I doubt you'll get legitimate user feedback here on any of the three rifles you're considering. While I have seen Falkor and Nemo rifles under glass, I've never read of them being mentioned on this site. I'm certain JP makes a rifle capable of meeting your precision requirements, I don't know how reliable it would be.

    If I had $4,500 to spend on a rifle, I'd drive across the city to speak with the folks at GA Precision. Their GAP-10 G2 ought to meet the very basic requirements stated so far in this thread.
    I would second GAP (disclaimer; I do not own one but have been doing research on this as well).

    You may want to search snipershide.com. I believe Frank did a 'top 5 or 10 big-bore semi-auto comparo' a couple of years back.

    I found this post...
    https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...rifle.6875833/

    ...but strongly suggest you search for the feature article by Frank. I remember he mentioned GAP, JP, maybe Wilson Combat. The focus of the article was 'large-bore (.308 or 6.5CM) precision semi-autos'.


    -Rainman

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    767
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I would second GAP (disclaimer; I do not own one but have been doing research on this as well).

    You may want to search snipershide.com. I believe Frank did a 'top 5 or 10 big-bore semi-auto comparo' a couple of years back.

    I found this post...
    https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...rifle.6875833/

    ...but strongly suggest you search for the feature article by Frank. I remember he mentioned GAP, JP, maybe Wilson Combat. The focus of the article was 'large-bore (.308 or 6.5CM) precision semi-autos'.


    -Rainman
    If you want a precision gas gun in 308

    GAP
    JP
    Seekins SP10

    Those would be the options i would be narrowed down to. The GAP and JP are probably going to be a little more accurate thean the Seekins, but cost a good bit more. All would be good options

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    158
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What caliber will you be shooting? And at what distance? What are your accuracy requirements?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    What caliber will you be shooting? And at what distance? What are your accuracy requirements?
    .308 out to 700. As close to Accuracy International precision as possible.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    East of Atlanta
    Posts
    480
    Feedback Score
    0
    [/ATTACH]
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I would second GAP (disclaimer; I do not own one but have been doing research on this as well).

    You may want to search snipershide.com. I believe Frank did a 'top 5 or 10 big-bore semi-auto comparo' a couple of years back.

    I found this post...
    https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...rifle.6875833/

    ...but strongly suggest you search for the feature article by Frank. I remember he mentioned GAP, JP, maybe Wilson Combat. The focus of the article was 'large-bore (.308 or 6.5CM) precision semi-autos'.


    -Rainman
    No disrespect to Frank, but POF is on his list of top 5 as well. Those have a track record of problems. JP is nothin special IMO. They use Wilson blanks, gimmicky side chargers, silent capture springs etc. . They have a rabid fan base that rival Larue. For a game gun, if it floats your boat, roll with it.

    KAC or LMT is the route I’d take. Both, the SR-25 and MWS have proven to be reliable and accurate.Shot these with an 18” SS MWS with factory ammo. 4C9111D9-7B9A-4E26-A448-819FA602F7AA.jpgC5021BA7-D1C3-40CB-8002-C76CA1604A74.jpg
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 12-11-19 at 14:19.
    ďI prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.Ē Ė Thomas Jefferson.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    158
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    [/ATTACH]

    No disrespect to Frank, but POF is on his list of top 5 as well. Those have a track record of problems. JP is nothin special IMO. They use Wilson blanks, gimmicky side chargers, silent capture springs etc. . They have a rabid fan base that rival Larue. For a game gun, if it floats your boat, roll with it.

    KAC or LMT is the route I’d take. Both, the SR-25 and MWS have proven to be reliable and accurate.Shot these with an 18” SS MWS with factory ammo. 4C9111D9-7B9A-4E26-A448-819FA602F7AA.jpgC5021BA7-D1C3-40CB-8002-C76CA1604A74.jpg

    BINGO

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,812
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Third here for GAP. Or KAC APC.

    No to JP. Covered above.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    158
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check your private messages. You will NOT get better accuracy out of a semi-auto in .308 than you will out of an AI in .308. But who cares? At 700 yards, you will get plenty of accuracy. More details in my PM to you. I won't post it here, for it will only incite a lot of ignorant comments.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •