Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Poll

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    PB,

My MR762 shoots like butter and sub MOA with my hand loads.

My SCAR 17 kicks like a mule, the recoil impulse is obnoxious and it shoots 2-3 MOA.
    SCAR 20S will outshoot both with factory loaded ammo all day long with just as much reliability. Soft shooting too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Which serious end users are coming around to JP? Is it like the DEA contract with Rock River Arms serious or have they been put through the same level of testing as HK, LMT, SCAR, and SR-25’s?

I haven’t seen a Scar 20 “outshoot” any other factory precision semi autos. I’ve seen them shoot comparable groups to an SR-25 acc, a Noveske N6, HK MR762, chrome lined and SS LMT MWS’, Larue OBR, a DD5V1, and a couple Seekins rifles. That’s roughly .6 moa groups with a factory load that it liked and about 1.5 moa with ammo it didn’t shooting off bi-pods and a rear bag. The 20 is nothing special imo and doesn’t shoot as smooth as the SR-25.

Decent video of a guy comparing a JP to a Krieger barrel. https://youtu.be/zOG9SpDo7nc
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 12-22-19 at 11:00.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score

Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Which serious end users are coming around to JP? Is it like the DEA contract with Rock River Arms serious or have they been put through the same level of testing as HK, LMT, SCAR, and SR-25’s?

I haven’t seen a Scar 20 “outshoot” any other factory precision semi autos. I’ve seen them shoot comparable groups to an SR-25 acc, a Noveske N6, HK MR762, chrome lined and SS LMT MWS’, Larue OBR, a DD5V1, and a couple Seekins rifles. That’s roughly .6 moa groups with a factory load that it liked and about 1.5 moa with ammo it didn’t shooting off bi-pods and a rear bag. The 20 is nothing special imo and doesn’t shoot as smooth as the SR-25.

Decent video of a guy comparing a JP to a Krieger barrel. https://youtu.be/zOG9SpDo7nc
    Many LE agencies, including SWAT/snipers, use JP rifles. Many times this is the result of head to head testing with other high end precision semi-autos. The ones I have talked to are extremely pleased. The AMU uses them as well. I’m pretty sure JP doesn’t vie for military contracts, as that is not their target market. And that’s ok. Doesn’t make their rifles a joke.

As far as the accuracy between battle rifles, the 20S has no business shooting as well as it does. But it does. I know multiple professional users that report 1.5 MOA with KAC. LaRues are shooters, (0.75 on a good day), but there are serious issues with their customer service. They also don’t offer T&E’s. No thanks.

Cool barrel test, as long as it’s understood it shows one sample of barrel from one manufacturer against one sample of barrel from another manufacturer. If you are just looking for a barrel for a build or as a replacement, I see the point of the test. What it doesn’t tell us is the performance of a complete JP rifle. JP makes an extremely accurate, extremely reliable rifle, and their customer service is excellent.

YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jferguso; 12-22-19 at 12:55.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345