Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll

Feedback Score

Poll

I’m looking at precision semi auto rigs in .308 and my short list is:

JP LRI-20
    Falkor Alpha
    Nemo XO Carbon

Precision and reliability are first and foremost in my requirements. Price is up to $4500 for just the rifle and I don’t want to build anything. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jferguso; 12-10-19 at 14:21.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LMT MWS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    LMT MWS.
    This isn't a bad option if weight isn't a major factor. Never heard of any of the others mentioned.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This isn't a bad option if weight isn't a major factor. Never heard of any of the others mentioned.
    You’ve never heard of JP Enterprises?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    With that budget, why not just get an SR-25?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    With that budget, why not just get an SR-25?
    I need higher precision.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jferguso View Post
    You’ve never heard of JP Enterprises?
    Oh yeah.... I didn't want to assume JP was JP Enterprises. I wouldn't buy anything from them. Silly gamer nonsense aftermarket stuff.

As far as LMT, you may get a 1.75"MOA or a 3/4 MOA.... I mean... The guns are awesome, but they don't have an accuracy guarantee. Pappabear just put a SS 20" barrel on his that shoots great, looks like it'll break in to be sub MOA, and runs smoother than the 16" barrel.
    Last edited by markm; 12-10-19 at 17:19.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Oh yeah.... I didn't want to assume JP was JP Enterprises. I wouldn't buy anything from them. Silly gamer nonsense aftermarket stuff.

As far as LMT, you may get a 1.75"MOA or a 3/4 MOA.... I mean... The guns are awesome, but they don't have an accuracy guarantee. Pappabear just put a SS 20" barrel on his that shoots great, looks like it'll break in to be sub MOA, and runs smoother than the 16" barrel.
    I can’t tell if you’re being facetious about JP. If you’re being serious you are the first person I’ve heard from that has anything negative to say about them. Do you have any actual experience with their rifles to shape that opinion? They’ve been around since 1991 and from all appearances have an excellent reputation for build quality and accuracy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Save your money, dude. Get a LMT MWS and put the longest barrel in they offer in the caliber of your choice. Spend the rest of your money on high-quality scope, trigger group, butt stock, bolt carrier group and AMMO. You will not get any more accuracy out of any other option, unless you are some kind of super-doooper precision rifle shooter, in which case, you would be using a bolt gun.

My best group from my LMT MWS 20" SS barrel with 175gr PRIME ammo is .47 MOA
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 12-11-19 at 04:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    Save your money, dude. Get a LMT MWS and put the longest barrel in they offer in the caliber of your choice. Spend the rest of your money on high-quality scope, trigger group, butt stock, bolt carrier group and AMMO. You will not get any more accuracy out of any other option, unless you are some kind of super-doooper precision rifle shooter, in which case, you would be using a bolt gun.
    The budget isn’t an issue. I get ammo for free, I have a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 to put on it, and it is supplementing an Accuracy International AE that I have shot and competed with for six plus years. I want to stay 20” barrel or below and I prefer to not have to feel the need to put aftermarket parts in/on my new gun. I’ve been told the rifles I listed would almost keep up with my bolt gun in terms of precision. If anyone knows either way that info would be appreciated.

Thank you for the response. Duly noted that the MWS is a solid option.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast