Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I doubt you'll get legitimate user feedback here on any of the three rifles you're considering. While I have seen Falkor and Nemo rifles under glass, I've never read of them being mentioned on this site. I'm certain JP makes a rifle capable of meeting your precision requirements, I don't know how reliable it would be.

If I had $4,500 to spend on a rifle, I'd drive across the city to speak with the folks at GA Precision. Their GAP-10 G2 ought to meet the very basic requirements stated so far in this thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I doubt you'll get legitimate user feedback here on any of the three rifles you're considering. While I have seen Falkor and Nemo rifles under glass, I've never read of them being mentioned on this site. I'm certain JP makes a rifle capable of meeting your precision requirements, I don't know how reliable it would be.

If I had $4,500 to spend on a rifle, I'd drive across the city to speak with the folks at GA Precision. Their GAP-10 G2 ought to meet the very basic requirements stated so far in this thread.
    That’s helpful. Thank you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post

I would second GAP (disclaimer; I do not own one but have been doing research on this as well).

You may want to search snipershide.com. I believe Frank did a 'top 5 or 10 big-bore semi-auto comparo' a couple of years back.

I found this post...
    https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...rifle.6875833/

...but strongly suggest you search for the feature article by Frank. I remember he mentioned GAP, JP, maybe Wilson Combat. The focus of the article was 'large-bore (.308 or 6.5CM) precision semi-autos'.

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I would second GAP (disclaimer; I do not own one but have been doing research on this as well).

You may want to search snipershide.com. I believe Frank did a 'top 5 or 10 big-bore semi-auto comparo' a couple of years back.

I found this post...

...but strongly suggest you search for the feature article by Frank. I remember he mentioned GAP, JP, maybe Wilson Combat. The focus of the article was 'large-bore (.308 or 6.5CM) precision semi-autos'.

-Rainman
    If you want a precision gas gun in 308

GAP
    JP
    Seekins SP10

Those would be the options i would be narrowed down to. The GAP and JP are probably going to be a little more accurate thean the Seekins, but cost a good bit more. All would be good options

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What caliber will you be shooting? And at what distance? What are your accuracy requirements?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    What caliber will you be shooting? And at what distance? What are your accuracy requirements?
    .308 out to 700. As close to Accuracy International precision as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    [/ATTACH]
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post

I found this post...

-Rainman
    No disrespect to Frank, but POF is on his list of top 5 as well. Those have a track record of problems. JP is nothin special IMO. They use Wilson blanks, gimmicky side chargers, silent capture springs etc. . They have a rabid fan base that rival Larue. For a game gun, if it floats your boat, roll with it.

KAC or LMT is the route I’d take. Both, the SR-25 and MWS have proven to be reliable and accurate.Shot these with an 18” SS MWS with factory ammo. 4C9111D9-7B9A-4E26-A448-819FA602F7AA.jpgC5021BA7-D1C3-40CB-8002-C76CA1604A74.jpg
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 12-11-19 at 13:19.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    [/ATTACH]

No disrespect to Frank, but POF is on his list of top 5 as well. Those have a track record of problems. JP is nothin special IMO. They use Wilson blanks, gimmicky side chargers, silent capture springs etc. . They have a rabid fan base that rival Larue. For a game gun, if it floats your boat, roll with it.

KAC or LMT is the route I’d take. Both, the SR-25 and MWS have proven to be reliable and accurate.Shot these with an 18” SS MWS with factory ammo. 4C9111D9-7B9A-4E26-A448-819FA602F7AA.jpgC5021BA7-D1C3-40CB-8002-C76CA1604A74.jpg

BINGO

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Third here for GAP. Or KAC APC.

No to JP. Covered above.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check your private messages. You will NOT get better accuracy out of a semi-auto in .308 than you will out of an AI in .308. But who cares? At 700 yards, you will get plenty of accuracy. More details in my PM to you. I won't post it here, for it will only incite a lot of ignorant comments.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast