Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NAS Pensacola shooting leads Navy instructor pilots to tell top brass: 'Arm us'

Feedback Score

NAS Pensacola shooting leads Navy instructor pilots to tell top brass: 'Arm us'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nas-pensa...-pilots-arm-us

“It’s so stupid that on a military base, the shooter was allowed to roam free for so long,” according to one instructor pilot. “In a gun fight, that’s an eternity.” The pilot, like others interviewed by Fox News, did not want his name used because he was not authorized to speak with the media.

One of the pilots said Navy brass denied their request to arm themselves on base.

Two pilots said the Saudi shooter had 10 minutes to carry out his deadly assault on defenseless Navy sailors at the “API” -- aviation pre-flight indoctrination -- building. The Naval Aviation Safety school is also located in the building.
    One pilot called base security at NAS Pensacola and other Navy bases “mall cops,” because protection on the base has been outsourced to private security and many were “fat and out of shape.”
    The first responders to the shooting at the military base were cops off base, not members of the military, which the instructor pilots found insulting.

The gunman, Saudi Arabian Air Force 2nd Lt. Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, was shot and killed by a deputy from the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dumb question but don’t they have like MPs?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    They probably do but like any other cops they don't sit in one place. The last article I read said it was 2 cops that put him down

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Because MP’s are busy harassing lower enlisted service members for dumb shit and generally being useless.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    What a novel concept ! why didn't I think of it???

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Can one of our active/former/retired service members explain as to why firearms can not be carried on a base?
    Is it service wide or does the Grande Hefe on each base make that call?
    It makes zero sense to me.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armtx77 View Post
    Can one of our active/former/retired service members explain as to why firearms can not be carried on a base?
    Apparently it was a Clinton policy. Technically the army has a process to allow it, but the approval authority rests on the post CDR and AFAIK, it’s never been done. Those guys are usually too political to dare to attempt such a thing by that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Apparently it was a Clinton policy. Technically the army has a process to allow it, but the approval authority rests on the post CDR and AFAIK, it’s never been done. Those guys are usually too political to dare to attempt such a thing by that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually, that rule came under Bush 41.

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a272176.pdf

Later put into regulation right after Clinton assumed office, but we can blame G. H. W. Bush for that one.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armtx77 View Post
    Are you asking about concealed carry of privately owned firearms? I have never been stationed on or heard of a base that allowed it.

If you mean carrying a firearm in CONUS as part of normal duties, I have to defer to other current or former servicemembers. The only time I had an issued weapon and live ammo in the U.S. was on very specific guard duty (discounting weapons ranges, of course).

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-10-19 at 20:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a little experience around the Saudi AF, because they often came to my base for training.

All I can say is: not surprised in the least. The Saudi's I was around where complete dog shit of humans. Back in '12; 5 of them got caught molesting a 15 year old boy in a hotel, and it all got swept under the rug and they where sent packing without punishment.

UAE gets away with shit that would make other countries a glass parking lot.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast