Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Defensive OWL

Feedback Score
    Light arrived a couple days ago. got in mounted up, and massaged my optic and VFG a bit to get everything just right (I'm a lefty).

I'm 100% satisfied with the choice. Cost a bit of money, but maybe with the mounting, (2) 18650s, and a charger, it's not all that much different than other top of the line options. And man, it seriously lights up the area.

Thanks again for all the useful info offered by all.

Shane
    Last edited by MontanaMarine; 01-11-20 at 13:53.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
    Light arrived a couple days ago. got in mounted up, and massaged my optic and VFG a bit to get everything just right.

I'm 100% satisfied with the choice. Cost a bit of money, but maybe with the mounting, (2) 18650s, and a charger, it's not all that much different than other top of the line options. And man, it seriously lights up the area.

Thanks again for all the useful info offered by all.

Shane
    Nice! Just out of curiosity, how do you like the switch? Do you find it better or worse than the surefire? Just trying to get opinions of others.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    nate89,

To me the switch seems just fine. Very simple to use, hold for momentary, release for off. Or quick push for continuous on/off.

This is my first serious weapon light, and I'm afraid I cannot offer any 'this vs that' direct comparisons, because I haven't had any other good weapon lights.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    nate89,

To me the switch seems just fine. Very simple to use, hold for momentary, release for off. Or quick push for continuous on/off.

This is my first serious weapon light, and I'm afraid I cannot offer any 'this vs that' direct comparisons, because I haven't had any other good weapon lights.
    Any follow up thoughts on the OWL. Anything negative to report on?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Based on this thread and things I've read and seen elsewhere, I just picked one up on Friday. They had a short blemish sale. New blem lights were $249.99. I had a 25% off coupon as well, so I snagged one for about $185 with free shipping. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Feedback Score
    No negatives to report. I like it, no regrets at all. I did move it over to a different upper (BCM M4 SOCOM).

Wow, killer deal for $185!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    No negatives to report. I like it, no regrets at all. I did move it over to a different upper (BCM M4 SOCOM).

Wow, killer deal for $185!
    It was too good to be true. They emailed me today saying the coupon code shouldn't have been valid for sale (blem) items, and that it was a glitch on their site that allowed it. They're having to send me an invoice to pay the difference before sending it off.

Feedback Score
    $249 is still a nice discount.

Blems don't bother me, most of the time they are barely visible.

Maybe a SHOT Show demo model or something.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    $249 is still a nice discount.

Blems don't bother me, most of the time they are barely visible.

Maybe a SHOT Show demo model or something.

Yeah, I’m not upset about it. May have been a bit greedy on my part to use the coupon code on top of the discount anyways.
    I’m looking forward to getting it.

Feedback Score
    Anybody using one? thoughts?

I need a light for a 14.7" carbine. The OWL is on my short list.

Thanks, Shane
    Saw your latest post, looking good. I picked up one for rural use in Colorado and I don't have NVGs (unfortunately) so rail space isn't a deal breaker. I'll add my 2 cents based on some comments.

Battery compatibility: I have a couple of Fenix headlamps and the protected Fenix batteries are too long for the OWL BUT the unprotected Samsung 30q 3000mAh/15A and Sanyo GA 3500/10A that came with the OWL fit and run awesome in the Fenix lights. Most of these new LED lights have the protection built in so protected 18650s aren't really necessary assuming you don't do something stupid like leave the light on continuously. The Nitecore D2 charger that comes with the OWL is really nice. Just throw the batteries in and forget about it (auto shutoff). There's a Sony VTC6 is a 3500mAh/30A battery available that's around 8 bucks and should be a cooker for those looking for even more output.

Pressure Switch: Feels fine to me but this is my first pressure switch so I don't really have much of a reference point. I can also easily reach it and activate it with my right thumb when running lefty drills.

Weight: It is heavy but not that big of a deal really. A lighter light with a laser/IR pointer would be just as if not more heavy and plenty of guys run that combo without regard to weight.

Reviews: Both mrgunsngear and garand thumb have good yt videos about this light (thanks fellas).

Looks and feels great on my MK18. Really happy with this light so far.

20200226_231255.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast