Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Older model Ruger Blackhawk 45 L.C. Single action

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Older model Ruger Blackhawk 45 L.C. Single action

I am trying to find the value of a Older model Ruger Blackhawk 45 L.C. Single action serial Number 46-XX241

Its in 90% conditioning functions perfectly. Any help appreciated.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I've found that Gunbroker.com, etc is the quickest way to determine value of specific firearms- or at least what folks are willing to pay which I suppose is the same thing.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Been there done that, I found a couple auctions but only had starting bids, one in the $400's and other in the $700's.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    3-screw? flat top? Barrel length? include 45acp cylinder? box, book and litter?
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in WV View Post
    All legit questions. I guessing with yes on the first two given the "older" description.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in WV View Post
    Titsonritz is correct

3 screw
    Flat top, whats that? iron sights on it
    7.5 inch blued
    regular brown wood grip
    No ACP, Box or other

gracias amigos

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-14-19 at 14:47.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Attachment 59941
    Attachment 59942

Flat top - literally, a flat top strap, without the humps protecting the adjustable rear sight.

You should look at the Ruger forum's (both of them) classifieds for comps. This would be a pretty desirable gun in the box, like new - an unconverted OM in 45 Colt - but used guns are fairly common, and not everyone wants the long barrel or lack of conversion to safety transfer bar. My guess would be $450 to $550 without seeing detailed pictures of condition for blue wear, turn ring, etc.

Just my .02...
    Last edited by Bruce in WV; 12-11-19 at 18:48.
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    About what I was guessing. Good to know.

PB

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    To the best of my knowledge, Ruger never a three-screw Old Model Flat Top in .45 Colt. Calibers other than .357 and .44 Mag were introduced along with the New Model Blackhawk. Serial number 46-xxxx indicates a New Model Gun. I would guess closer to $400 than $700.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, Ruger never a three-screw Old Model Flat Top in .45 Colt. Calibers other than .357 and .44 Mag were introduced along with the New Model Blackhawk. Serial number 46-xxxx indicates a New Model Gun. I would guess closer to $400 than $700.

Its a family heirloom so it doesnt matter too much. But if it were worth tooooo much then you gotta think.

Thanks guys

PB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast