Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We Just Got a Rare Look at National Security Surveillance. It Was Ugly.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I agree with this 100%. If a municipal police officer falsified an affidavit, lied in court or even on an internal investigation, etc, it would be the end. Even misused the computer system to "run" someone not related for criminal justice purposes is a crime(misd/fel) and job loss at a minimum. Betrayal of the public trust at the highest level and it needs to stop and be handled harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I think Nixon should have gone to jail.

If we are going to have a chance to save the country without bloodshed, then everyone involved in the coup attempt must go to jail. Just to be clear I think this must include everyone in the last administration that approved these lies against President Trump when he was running for office.

The list must include the following;

All FBI, CIA, NSC and DOJ people involved.

Hillary and the members of the DNC, that pushed and paid for lies.

Everyone in the Administration that knew about the FISA court BS, up to and including Obama.

Then Shift, Nadler and Pelosi, plus everyone that lied under oath to Congress.

Since I don't believe even a fraction of this will happen, we are in trouble.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I agree with this 100%. If a municipal police officer falsified an affidavit, lied in court or even on an internal investigation, etc, it would be the end. Even misused the computer system to "run" someone not related for criminal justice purposes is a crime(misd/fel) and job loss at a minimum. Betrayal of the public trust at the highest level and it needs to stop and be handled harshly.
    That should be the end, and in some locales it is, but isn't long term dishonesty in an official capacity the gist of a Brady cop?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm getting tired of hearing how everyone in the DC Headquarters is corrupt, but the guys on the ground, "The Rank and File" are all good to go and fine upstanding agents, fine upstanding men and all of that.
    You don't work in this level of corruption without looking the other way once or twice to avoid some sort of controversy.If you work in a sewer, you're going to bring some of that stink home with you.
    Sorry, but I would rather be in the Wyoming Highway Patrol than an Agent at this time in history.

Feedback Score
    This is the way of politics and it’s not going to stop. Nobody’s going to jail.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    If Horowitz were a NAZI in WWII, Ann Frank would still be alive because he can't find shit.

Turn those comments on Trump into racist comments about Obama and then ask if those people should have been in charge of investigating Obama....

I didn't watch the whole thing, but the question that needs to be asked is "What would it have taken for you to find that there was bias? What is the closest thing to bias that you found?"

Soooo they have now given any TRump partisans in the TLA cabals to road map to opening BS cases into all the dem pols that they want. A useful idiot or two, a couple of well placed Fox News articles, get an Israeli former Mossad guy to convert a bad spy novel into a 'dossier' and we are off the spying, I mean key national security activity to protect our elections. Hell, we could probably run it with just people from M4C if we wanted too. Who want to start "Fission Deadreckoning" and "Tornado Ambush"....
    Horowitz has one arm tied behind his back because he cant interview anyone that is no longer with the agency. Most of perpetrators have been fired or retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This has been going for three plus, maybe four plus years now.
    Has anything been done to effect real change within the HQ's?
    Has replacing the Director helped?
    Has the DOJ stepped in to clean house?
    If the answer to all of that is No, then why hasn't anyone been prosecuted?

We either want it fixed or we are willing to put up with this.
    I have some faith that Durham will fix this. Barr is very smart no matter what you think of him. He understands how Washington works and put Durham on the case when he came into office. Durham can call anyone for questioning, can press charges, get plea deals, grand jurys ect. If there will be any fix it will come from him. I had never heard of him before this but chatting with people around DC he is very well respected and a total straight shooter. He has been said to be totally disgusted by all this.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Anyone who watched the un-redacted (read that as the non-CNN version of events) opening statement made by Lindsey Graham has to be shocked to the core about what went on.

Horowitz did what he needed to do which was bring the evidence to light. It's up to Barr, Wray and the POTUS to fix the problem.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Anyone who watched the un-redacted (read that as the non-CNN version of events) opening statement made by Lindsey Graham has to be shocked to the core about what went on.

Horowitz did what he needed to do which was bring the evidence to light. It's up to Barr, Wray and the POTUS to fix the problem.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Got a link?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0l5VpTqjRs
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This has been going for three plus, maybe four plus years now.
    Has anything been done to effect real change within the HQ's?
    Has replacing the Director helped?
    Has the DOJ stepped in to clean house?
    If the answer to all of that is No, then why hasn't anyone been prosecuted?

We either want it fixed or we are willing to put up with this.
    You’re way too optimistic there. Can you say this has been going in since the inception of the FBI. How do you suppose Hoover got all his files compiled??? It wasn’t via choirboys asking nicely for folks to divulge the skeletons in their closets.

Feedback Score
    Supposedly, both James Baker and Comey refused to to speak with the IG on all matters. Sighting they no longer held the proper clearance to speak of these things.
    The IG informed them that getting that clearance back would not be an issue and both refused that function as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast