Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay mag dates

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I ordered the "MILSPEC" version with the Magpul followers, but I think both versions look identical.
    That's what I thought, and I think 3ACR Scout is right. I recently ordered the regular Okay Surefeed magazines, not the "MILSPEC" ones, and they were all dated 2019 and they all
    had the newer logos on the mag bodies that match the logos on the floor plates.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 12-12-19 at 14:07.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I bought the first ones linked to with the older green followers for $9 each shipped and put white KAC followers in them for $2 each. They were packaged in the plastic bags with orange cardboard.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Nobody ever accused the Jewish people of not knowing how to make money.
    Why this comment was included fails me. The conversation is about magazines, and it’s reasonable to discuss a company’s business practices as they pertain. But this? I mean, do we say in a conversation about Michael Jordan’s basketball career and branding... “The black people sure do know how to play basketball.” C’mon. Not saying it was intended negatively, but it is a comment based on a people group’s racial/ethnic background. Not tasteful.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Why this comment was included fails me. The conversation is about magazines, and it’s reasonable to discuss a company’s business practices as they pertain. But this? I mean, do we say in a conversation about Michael Jordan’s basketball career and branding... “The black people sure do know how to play basketball.” C’mon. Not saying it was intended negatively, but it is a comment based on a people group’s racial/ethnic background. Not tasteful.
    Sorry you took it the wrong way. I meant NO harm at all. If anything my comment is a compliment to the race.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Sorry you took it the wrong way. I meant NO harm at all. If anything my comment is a compliment to the race.
    I wouldn't apologize as "Jewish" is NOT a race.

Especially when discussing botach pointing out their RELIGION can be useful to some folks.
    How you might ask, well after reading this thread about magazines someone decides they want to buy some for a class in two weeks. Oh wait a minute you mentioned them being Jewish, I wonder how strict they are? Wow, after a quick search (that they wouldn't have done without knowing their religion) the person learns that botach closes their business for ALL Jewish holidays, and since half of December is a Jewish holiday they will be closed and products won't be received in time.

I saw nothing wrong with your comment, but I also didn't wake up today looking for a reason to be offended either.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I wouldn't apologize as "Jewish" is NOT a race.

Especially when discussing botach pointing out their RELIGION can be useful to some folks.
    How you might ask, well after reading this thread about magazines someone decides they want to buy some for a class in two weeks. Oh wait a minute you mentioned them being Jewish, I wonder how strict they are? Wow, after a quick search (that they wouldn't have done without knowing their religion) the person learns that botach closes their business for ALL Jewish holidays, and since half of December is a Jewish holiday they will be closed and products won't be received in time.

I saw nothing wrong with your comment, but I also didn't wake up today looking for a reason to be offended either.
    In the eighties the supreme court ruled that they were a race. Some didn't like it but they liked be called an ethnic group less. I grew up in Savannah Georgia many years ago. It was hard to find a doctor, attorney or small business owner that wasn't Jewish. It was also hard to find a fireman or LEO that wasn't Irish. I have great respect for Jews. Not so sure about the Irish. If you wanted your ass kicked it was guaranteed if you picked a fight with an Irishman! I do believe there are people who wake up in the morning looking for a reason to be offended.
    Last edited by GH41; 12-13-19 at 15:45.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m not Jewish nor was I offended. But, I have too much to lose, so I would prefer the non-GD sections to stay away from anything that could be construed or misconstrued beyond the simple reality we are talking about killing machines.
    Frankly, I appreciated GH41’s follow up comment and thought it was sincere and appropriate. On further thought, I should have messaged GH41 about it to begin with and avoided posting publicly. But, it’s not something I would apologize over either.

On the other hand... If to soothe one’s own outrage that someone else’s comment was pointed out as unnecessary, the best one can do to justify why a race/religious affiliation/ethnicity matters in a discussion of AR-15 magazines is that a business might be closed during the month of December... I don’t know what to say to that.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Got some gray dry film 20s from PA which are stamped Okay all around and 11-19 manufacture. Hot off the machines!
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 12-14-19 at 13:09.

Feedback Score
    Received 6 Desert Tan 30's from Primary Arms dated 3/19.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12