Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay mag dates

Feedback Score

Okay mag dates

Ordered and received some Okay GI 30-rounders from Botach. All were dated "7-13". Interesting that Okay seems to maintain mag stocks from that far back. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Botach is probably the ones maintaining stock from that far back.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    2013 is "that far back"?

That would be a pretty new mag for me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Ordered and received some Okay GI 30-rounders from Botach. All were dated "7-13". Interesting that Okay seems to maintain mag stocks from that far back. Anyone else had a similar experience?
    I think its more likely that Botach had them piled up by the tens of thousands before the last election. They have also probably been buying out places that have been going under.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Might be possible that they are surplussed also with EPM's and PMAG's the new standard.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Bought some Surefeed 30's a few months ago that were also dated 7-13. The mag are stamped with the old Okay logo, the floorplates have the newer Okay logo and they came in Surefeed packaging.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I think its more likely that Botach had them piled up by the tens of thousands before the last election. They have also probably been buying out places that have been going under.
    Out of curiosity I looked at 20 I bought from Botach over 3 years ago. All marked 7-13. Nobody ever accused the Jewish people of not knowing how to make money. I'd be willing to bet they bought whatever quantity it took to get them for what they wanted to pay.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 12-12-19 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    I ordered the "MILSPEC" version with the Magpul followers, but I think both versions look identical.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    Bought some Surefeed 30's a few months ago that were also dated 7-13. The mag are stamped with the old Okay logo, the floorplates have the newer Okay logo and they came in Surefeed packaging.
    I bought some of the same magazines from Botach about a month ago, and I believe they are an idea that Okay came up with to clear out some surplus mag bodies and appeal to customer interest in “MILSPEC” products. I’m guessing that they came up with the idea either in conjunction with or at the request of Botach. For several years, Botach was selling “MILSPEC” GI mags that came with no packaging and were Okay mags with green military followers. They sold out of those about a year and a half ago, and they were out of stock for about a year. A few months ago, they came back in stock under the same product listing, and these Okay-packaged mags are what they are delivering if you order that product. As Phixion described, they come in the Okay Surefeed package with the orange cardboard backing, but it says “MILSPEC” on the backing, and they have the new Okay logo on the baseplate. I’d bet that Okay had a big pile of magazine bodies left over from when their government contract ended (and the military started transitioning to the EPM). They came up with a way to complete those magazines with Magpul followers and new baseplates, and they labeled them as “MILSPEC” as an appealing variant of their Surefeed commercial line.
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 12-12-19 at 12:05.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast