Thread: Sig 5x30 at discount or other?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Sig 5x30 at discount or other?

Hello everyone,

I purchased a Ruger precision rifle in .308. It currently has a SWFA fixed 10x scope on it, because it is what I had. I want more magnification since my objective is to shoot small groups at 300 to 600 yds in a range setting.

My question is about which scope to get. I can spend up to $1750 or so. I have an opportunity to get a Sig tango6 5x30 at employee pricing for about $1650. I know at full price ($3199), the Sig is not the best choice, but is it a leading choice in the lower price range? Would I be better served with different option at full price?

Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Not a big scope guy but I do know at the 2K price point you have a lot of options including NF, Vortex and Leupold. Consider this nothing more than a bump.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thank you for the bump. I've been researching scopes for a while now. Everything I find is so subjective. NF seems to have been a consensus top pick in older reviews, but bot anymore. Some are saying the gen2 vortex has passed the NF offerings. Schmidt and bender are a top pick, but >$3k.
    Ive been looking at snipers hide for reviews. SWFA sample list. Euro-optic and of course Google. I am no closer to a decision. Wish there was a place locally to see all these higher end options.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nightforce ATACR 4-16 or 5-25 would be my top choices. The 4-16 is just about ideal for 308 IMO. If you want to save money, the Vortex razor HD line has great glass, but it’s very heavy.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thank you for the reply JoshNC,

The NF ATACR is definitely on my radar. I think, because of my aging eyes, I will go for a higher mag (25X).

I think I'm not going to limit the cost, but just try and get the best scope for the money.

Thank you.