Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.56 or 300blk for pistol upper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I kind of figured 5.56 was the way to go. As far as the ammo cost. It’s not whether I can buy a few boxes of hd ammo it’s more about I want to be able to have enough that if ammo became hard to come by (sandy hook) that I could have enough piled up it wouldn’t matter. Thank you everyone for your opinions.
    Last edited by G.B.; 12-12-19 at 14:05.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’m in the same boat. My concern is I don’t have suppressors and I shoot indoors a lot. My 14.5 with a BCM comp is completely fine. But I’m worried that an 11.5 will be annoying indoors. So Inwas thinking 300blk for less concussion but then ammo costs because I shoot a pretty good amount.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I’m in the same boat. My concern is I don’t have suppressors and I shoot indoors a lot. My 14.5 with a BCM comp is completely fine. But I’m worried that an 11.5 will be annoying indoors. So Inwas thinking 300blk for less concussion but then ammo costs because I shoot a pretty good amount.

Wear ear plugs and earmuffs and use a flash hider.

You shoot much and the difference in price from 300 to 5.56 could buy a suppressor plus how much less loud are supersonic blackouts exactly? I don't know I've never shot supersonic 300 unsupressed but I can't imagine it's enough difference to spend all that money on when you can just double up hearing pro as you probably should anyway when indoors where other people may have rifles

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    This has more to do with a chosen muzzle device than the round. 300 is a little bit quieter but not by much and is 100% going to ring your ears without hearing protection. Going with a flash hider or a device that pushes the sound forward would help. That being said both 556 and 300 will benefit greatly with a suppressor in a home defense situation.

Feedback Score
    During WW2. The U.S. attempted to convert the German MG-42 to 30-06. The Aberdeen Arsenal could never do it. Yet the U.S. could produce an Atomic bomb. My point is weapons are designed for a particular caliber and that is what "I" would elect to use.

Just my Dos Centavos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12