Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Afghanistan Papers

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    I keep thinking back to the end of the Iraq war. I was there for the invasion. What the US did during the invasion I am still amazed at. We steamrolled the Iraqi’s. But once we got to Baghdad even my 21 year old Lance Corporal ass could see that the leadership had no plan on what to do once the government fell. We had a real chance in early 2001 to do something with Iraq. I can’t speak for Afghanistan, I never got a trip over there.
    There was a plan, a good plan, and General Shinseki outlined the number of people it would require, so they fired him. The rest is history. See also Rumsfeld is a POS.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    Came to post basically this. How do you win a war in which "winning" has not, and never was defined? Short answer is that you don't, you just burn through blood and treasure with no end in sight. This is like page one Sun Tzu shit. Day by day this is turning me into one of the tinfoil hat, military industrial conspiracy, hardline anti-war libertarians that I used to chuckle at.
    Rand was right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Well, I'm glad that there's documented evidence that the government knew what everyone else already knew/knows. What a f!$&ing waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    I remember being in boot camp sept-dec 2001 and we were thinking the war would be over by the time we got to the fleet. How wrong we were.
    Now one worries whether the war will be over by the time one retires.

Feedback Score
    The first Anglo-Afghan war. Lot of parallels with today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-i8xKjFru0

Just now looking this up. There were second and third Anglo-Afghan wars.
    A series of cautionary tales.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123