Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Liquidating Ammo

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Oh, please. Derp of the year on a number of levels. Lots of high quality, higher performing duty rounds out there, lots of agencies mandating the use of such ammo, and some of these guys are getting the AE223 at $0.15/round. Do you really think it's somehow so "inadequate" for training use that it's not worth it at HALF the price of 193?

Reminds me of watching our state department of corrections do all of their training with Gold Dot. Thousands of rounds a year at nearly twice the price.

I don’t care about better terminal performance. I care about ammo functioning in the gun.

It is indisputable M193 and Mk262 are at the top when it comes to functioning in a properly gassed Mil std rifle.
    Last edited by scottryan; 12-31-19 at 19:21.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I don’t care about better terminal performance. I care about ammo functioning in the gun.

It is indisputable M193 and Mk262 are at the top when it comes to functioning in a properly gassed Mil std rifle.

Indisputable that Lake City 193 is the only round other than black hills 262 that's reliable?

lol you're a treat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My dad picked me up 600rds from his local walmart, kept the rest for himself (don't blame him). He and his GF cleaned out the store of 9mm and .45, no limits on purchase.

Feedback Score
    I hit up my local Wally World and nothing was on sale... prices were high as usual lol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Wal-Mart finished their liquidation of pistol ammo a while back. By the end, they were down to just .40 ammo, and I sold my last .40 pistol a while ago.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Checked my mallwart yesterday out of curiousity. No pistol ammo, no .223 or 7.62x39, but FMJ 7.62x51mm in the military-styled (but civilian market) Federal boxes. I doubt they realize the idiocy. Anyway, .22 rimfire was at fair prices while the remaining mass of hunting ammo was nothing special nor anything I needed.

My local chain sporting goods store has better prices on their routine sales every 1-3 weeks, and mail order is better still, so no biggie.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I haven't bought ammo from WalMart in quite a few years. Living in Oregon, I get my carbine training ammo, Federal AE .223 and XM193 from BiMart. They'll have them on sale several times a year @ $5.69/20. Also Blazer Brass 9mm 115/124 FMJ @ $9.00/50. They're a PNW chain, in ID,WA, and OR, that are employee owned. So I like to spend my money there. So if you're in the region, shop at BiMart. They appreciate the business. Shamelessly plugging a local chain, but what the heck?

As far as reliability goes, I've never had any problems using AE .223 or even PMC .223 ammo in my "amateur" duty guns. Then again both my duty guns are carbine gassed systems, Colt 6920 and BCM Lt.Wt. carbine.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Stopped in Trailertrashmart the other day to get some oil and swung by the ammo case just for curiosity...Nothing but 22LR and Fudd-gun ammo as expected.

Oh well, I don't need to shop there, so I mostly don't. Really, the cheap-ish 9mm and engine oil were the only reasons I ever went in there anyway. SGAmmo and Sportsmans can have my ammo money, and I'll start driving over to Autozone for oil.

Feedback Score
    Autozone's oil prices is the only reason I go to walmart ever.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberOfTheDay View Post
    Autozone's oil prices is the only reason I go to walmart ever.
    Truth

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast