Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Liquidating Ammo

Feedback Score

Walmart Liquidating Ammo

I saw it on social media but wasn’t sure if it is true. I’ve been boycotting them for several months but decided to stop in to see what’s up. 9mm and 45 were wiped out. However they had 1100 rounds of Remington .223 for $7 a box of 50! I sucked up my pride and bought it all. $164 total for 1100 rounds of brass ammo!
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    I saw it on social media but wasn’t sure if it is true. I’ve been boycotting them for several months but decided to stop in to see what’s up. 9mm and 45 were wiped out. However they had 1100 rounds of Remington .223 for $7 a box of 50! I sucked up my pride and bought it all. $164 total for 1100 rounds of brass ammo!

Yeah you're at least a couple days late. You got really lucky from what I've seen posted elsewhere to find clearance .223 at this stage. I started 48 hours ago, after 5 Walmarts all I've come away with is some 14 cents per round .40

The are clearing out all handgun ammo and non-Fudd rifle cartridges, everything must go or they turn it over to the government at the end of the month, is what they're saying
    Last edited by Warp; 12-12-19 at 21:13.

Feedback Score
    That’s why I almost didn’t go. I thought I was late
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's some pretty cheap ammo. I was happy getting 200-round boxes of Federal .223 and Winchester 5.56 (both 55 gr FMJ) for $49 ea over the last couple weeks, but those have mostly sold out now too.

Feedback Score
    **** them. They can eat the cost.
    Or **** the man- if he gets free ammo- I can get it cheap

Heavy decisions like these tax the soul.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If you think Walmart is the place to 'stock up on ammo', you are doing it wrong.

Feedback Score
    Ironically only the second time I ever bought ammo at Walmart. The last time was about eight years ago when I bought a couple boxes of 45 to get me through an IDPA match.

I was about to buy 1000 rounds for $254 + shipping just this morning.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    If you think Walmart is the place to 'stock up on ammo', you are doing it wrong.

You must not be aware of the deals some people got this week.

What is doing it wrong about buying thousands of rounds of Federal 5.56 and .223 for say ~13 cents each?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My local Walmart has Winchester 223 55 brass for $200 per 1000. Also Fed Champion 45acp 230 ball brass $170 per 1000.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I normally boycott the place, but my wife and I were there yesterday because we were shopping for kids bikes for Christmas. Turns out they have a really good selection. After I had the bikes down off the rack my wife started gathering accessories like helmets, knee/elbow pads and lights. So I casually strolled over to the ammo counter expecting to see it wiped out; I was wrong. They had 100 rnd brass 223 for $15, 60 rnd subsonic 300 BLK for $14 and 200 rnd brass 9mm for $17. All marked down to whole dollar prices like DG. The lady said they had been marked down the night before. So I grabbed up 520 rounds in a combination of those three calibers for a little over $80 after tax. What was surprising is that they were out of 357 mag and 44 mag. All the 9mm, 40, 45, 223 and 22 were almost abundant IMO considering the timing.

No, it is not the place to "stock up", but it is not wrong to buy some ammo that I'm going to use at prices resembling the 1990's. (except 300 BLK didn't exist back then, haha)
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast