Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The best way I ever found to clean brass is by using stainless steel pins.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I tumble 30-06 cases. I can only tumble about 60 cases at a time and would like to be able to clean 250 or more cases at one crack.
    If you have time, could build your own. Here is mine with a 4'' ABS pipe canister. Could make a 6'' pipe canister if needed. If I made another I would use a larger pulley to slow RPMs a little more.

Feedback Score
    VERY GOOD SIR ! ! ! ! !

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like that idea P2000. I may try to build one after the holidays.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have only been running my brass for about 45 mins to an hour....mine comes out super clean and cleans primer pockets. What is the benefit of tumbling for 3 hours?

I have an old food dehydrator that I put my brass in to dry out at about 145F. Works great!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    My homemade tumbler. Posted to give people ideas. Made from 6” pvc pipe. Two pieces of 1.5” pipe cut in half riveted inside. Motor from furnace fan. Little stick on L bracket touches back of tumbler. I elevate opposite side about 3/16” so tumbler always stays resting against the wood. Timer can be set to 1,2,4,&8 hrs. 2hrs normal use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Do you have any thing glued to internal walls like they do on a cement mixer to make sure everything gets agitated?

Feedback Score

The best way I ever found to clean brass is by using stainless steel pins.

Humpy
    Yes. There are two pieces inside. Glued and riveted. The end caps cover the robots so no leaking. Basically cut 1.5” pipe length wise and put inside. You can see on my sketch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jbdesigns; 12-26-19 at 19:13.

Feedback Score
    excellent Sir. go get'em.

are you using Lemishine and Ivory. I have also used Dawn but for me Ivory does best job.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Not sure how the Harbor Freight cement mixer internals work, but have seen theirs mentioned as being used for brass cleaning. Seems like Jerry Miculek may have a video talking about using their brand?
    I don't use stainless steel pins, but I do use a harbor freight cement mixer. It is a metal one that seem a little larger than the plastic tub ones they sell now. I simply removed the blades and put bolts back in the holes. I throw in a 5 gallon bucket of brass, about the same amount of reptile media (PETCO) and let her tumble for 3 hours. I use a plug in timer.

I was thinking about using the pins and water but did not want to pull the handle on my RL550 twice to make ammo.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Tagged for interest. I shoot suppressed quite a bit and brass can be rather filthy. Thinking about the SSP route. Hornady sells an “all in one” tumbler with media for $200 (Cabelas) which seems pricey but it’s the only one I have seen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast