Thread: I put a real stock on a 700 for a car rifle

Feedback Score

I put a real stock on a 700 for a car rifle

This is a 7/08 Youth Model I picked up, got a Rem varmint stock for it, put on a red/green dot aiming device.

Note the buttstock has been cut off and angled forward on bottom to fit shoulder better and has a piece of 1/8" steel plate for a buttplate.

It is zeroed for 300 yards POA/POI.

This gives a better idea of how much I cut the stock for length and angle. Gives a wider area for buttplate to contact reducing the felt recoil and keeps the stock in position when shooting prone with a sling.

I also changed it from a ADL to a BDL with new bottom hardware and ground the bottom of the follow so I can carry it with 5 and on a empty chamber. I also adjusted the trigger. This is not one of the new ones with the crappy triggers.

Note: Bolt knob has been enlarged to 1" diameter to aid in rapid fire operation.
    Last edited by Humpy70; 12-16-19 at 09:15.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    That is a very interesting concept. I have always liked the 7mm/08 round, and thought it would make for a very light, handy deer rifle.

A buddy has one of those Kevlar-stocked Model 7 in that caliber with a fixed 2.5x scope. He calls it his "deadly deer stick."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks handy.

That's very similar in layout to the setups used in the driven boar hunt videos.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 12-16-19 at 09:13.

Feedback Score
    I took the idea from Remington 40X target rifles for the angle cut. Mine is a tad more than theirs.