Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shockwave Blade 2M?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As mentioned, the SBA3 is more comfortable. I put a a shockwave m2 on my “how cheap can I build a pistol with decent parts” build. It’s fine for what it is, especially since you can almost get 3 of the shockwaves for the price of one if the SBA3’s

It fits my needs for my cheap beater pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack2012 View Post
    Due to cost, I ran a couple blades. In the event that it comes in contact with your shoulder, it's uncomfortable and not fun to shoot. Blades have been retired and SBA3's are now on both of my pistols and will be on my next assembly as well.
    I run a standard Shockwave blade on my 11.3" 5.56 pistol and have no issues with comfort when it contacts my shoulder.

I have not taken a class/fired more than maybe 200 rounds in a session with it though.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-24-19 at 06:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1st gen shockwave is great. Solid, works well any way it's used. 900 rnds with one on an 11.5", love it.

Gen 2 looks even better.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    After a carbine class, I changed my Shockwave 1 to an SBA3. If money doesn’t matter, the SBA3 is simply better. That said, for a throwaway gun that doesn’t get shot much, the Shockwave works fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    I like the fact that it's collapsible with an actuator and it now uses a basic carbine tube. And it's compact. I just couldn't deal with shouldering that skinny blade on my proprietary tube (and bolt) model. I have 5-6 SBA3s and really like them. I tucked the ends up and adjusted the straps so that they weren't as long. I consider the weight a non-issue. Pretty damn light imo. Here's my "tucked" braces.

This pic will give you an idea of how much material I tucked up within the brace.

After further review, I see what you did there. Pretty neat. I may have to try that when I get some more fun money.

Feedback Score
    I have two Shockwaves that were part of my 10.5 PSA pistol kits and am satisfied with the purpose they serve. They lock up tight on the proprietary tube with zero movement and spin.

It doesn't take a full mag, though, to feel the effects of the thin blade which has me considering a SBA3.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    I like the fact that it's collapsible with an actuator and it now uses a basic carbine tube. And it's compact. I just couldn't deal with shouldering that skinny blade on my proprietary tube (and bolt) model. I have 5-6 SBA3s and really like them. I tucked the ends up and adjusted the straps so that they weren't as long. I consider the weight a non-issue. Pretty damn light imo. Here's my "tucked" braces.

This pic will give you an idea of how much material I tucked up within the brace.

Bama, is the handguard on the 10.5 (3rd down) the skinny Bushmaster type or the dbl heatshield M4 handguard?
    Thx.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    How do you guys use them as braces with the straps tucked in like that?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Straps are elastic with Velcro. Loosen, wrap, snug down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12