Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shockwave Blade 2M?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Shockwave Blade 2M?

Anyone tried one? Particularly versus SBA3.

https://shockwavetechnologies.com/product/blade-2m/
    Last edited by jsbhike; 12-13-19 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    have a couple. smaller, simplified, adjustable version of the original shockwave. slight wobble on mil-spec RE, but not an issue. haven't used any SB because i like the lightest brace and don't like velcro straps, so can't compare.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the fact that it's collapsible with an actuator and it now uses a basic carbine tube. And it's compact. I just couldn't deal with shouldering that skinny blade on my proprietary tube (and bolt) model. I have 5-6 SBA3s and really like them. I tucked the ends up and adjusted the straps so that they weren't as long. I consider the weight a non-issue. Pretty damn light imo. Here's my "tucked" braces.

This pic will give you an idea of how much material I tucked up within the brace.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    I like the fact that it's collapsible with an actuator and it now uses a basic carbine tube. And it's compact. I just couldn't deal with shouldering that skinny blade on my proprietary tube (and bolt) model. I have 5-6 SBA3s and really like them. I tucked the ends up and adjusted the straps so that they weren't as long. I consider the weight a non-issue. Pretty damn light imo. Here's my "tucked" braces.

This pic will give you an idea of how much material I tucked up within the brace.

I had never seen that done before, looks to be N stock size. Thank you very much for that. SBA3 it is.

I assume that keeps the wings from getting cocked over to one side when stored?
    Last edited by jsbhike; 12-14-19 at 20:02.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The Gear Head Works Tailhook mod 2 is better than all of the others. It's solid and doesn't get floppy, doesn't need a upgraded strap and you don't have to tuck anything.

The SBA3 is certainly the best brace that SB Tactical offers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I had never seen that done before, looks to be N stock size. Thank you very much for that. SBA3 it is.

I assume that keeps the wings from getting cocked over to one side when stored?
    That's right. But I did that to shorten the vertical dimension more to my liking. Some folks have questioned that perhaps the rubber might crack at the fold. Perhaps. The rubber is very good quality and flexible. Maybe once or twice annually I'll lube them with 100% silicone spray like I do the rubber weather strips on my vehicles.

Being a bit ocd now and then, when I adjusted the strap, I pushed it to where it just protruded through the top opening for a nice and neat fit.
    Last edited by bamashooter; 12-15-19 at 08:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    That's right. But I did that to shorten the vertical dimension more to my liking. Some folks have questioned that perhaps the rubber might crack at the fold. Perhaps. The rubber is very good quality and flexible. Maybe once or twice annually I'll lube them with 100% silicone spray like I do the rubber weather strips on my vehicles.

Being a bit ocd now and then, when I adjusted the strap, I pushed it to where it just protruded through the top opening for a nice and neat fit.
    I watched a John Lovell/Warrior Poet Society review of on 1st version Blades vs. SB Tactical that had me leaning SBA4 due to being seemingly more durable, but I think your storage method will negate the constant bend back and forth which is usually how stuff breaks.

Feedback Score
    Ive used the sba3 and gen1 shockwave. When shooting, i dont notice a difference. I wouldn’t hesitate to use the g2 shockwave- just pick which one you think looks better. I dont see either making a quantifiable difference in performance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    The Gear Head Works Tailhook mod 2 is better than all of the others. It's solid and doesn't get floppy, doesn't need a upgraded strap and you don't have to tuck anything.

The SBA3 is certainly the best brace that SB Tactical offers.
    I’ll +1 this. I run several SOB braces, an SBA3 and two Tailhook IIs. IMHO the Tailhooks are my favorites.
    But if you want to stick with a std. carbine receiver extension, SBA3 is great.
    I still have several of the original Blades in my parts bin. Solid, light & cheap, no complaints. But the Tailhook is just more comfortable.

Feedback Score
    Due to cost, I ran a couple blades. In the event that it comes in contact with your shoulder, it's uncomfortable and not fun to shoot. Blades have been retired and SBA3's are now on both of my pistols and will be on my next assembly as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast