Page 109 of 112 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1116

Thread: VA Dems float prosecution, Nat. Guard deployment if police don't enforce gun control

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    Assuming the bill makes it through the Senate Judiciary Committee (as it likely will), we need two Dem Senators to vote against the bill in session to kill it.
    what are the odds of that?

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    No justice, no peace, right?

Surprised that it didn't make the bigger news. "Pro-gun White Racists attack Bloomberg Rally".
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Big gov came for the guns once before and started a revolution. The Americans didn't have a 2A then and still kicked their asses. Perhaps we'll have to do it again in spite joe bidens F15's and hell fire missiles.
    The RKBA predates the Second Amendment and it wasn't smallarms the Redcoats were after when the revolution began.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    That we manage to kill the bill? Probably not great, but that won't stop many of us from trying.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I think their pretty good - 60/40. Just need one more dem from down south.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Just to update this thread. The AWB bill died in the VA Senate Judiciary Committee this morning.

Hats off to the Virginia Citizens Defense League and Philip Van Cleave for managing a very difficult situation from the myriad of bills, to the rally which could have gone south very quickly, to organizing folks to be at the capital lobbing and sitting in on debates and day of votes. Thank you for your tireless work!

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Just to update this thread. The AWB bill died in the VA Senate Judiciary Committee this morning.

Hats off to the Virginia Citizens Defense League and Philip Van Cleave for managing a very difficult situation from the myriad of bills, to the rally which could have gone south very quickly, to organizing folks to be at the capital lobbing and sitting in on debates and day of votes. Thank you for your tireless work!
    It’s not dead, just tabled to be studied. It can be reintroduced in a year. Hopefully they will realize it could effect there chances of re-election in 2021. I think they would be desperate to vote that through that close to the VA election in 2021.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    The bill in its current form is dead (politically speaking). The magazine limit to 12 rounds was a nonstarter.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The bill isn't dead. It has been shelved for a year while they get a committee to "study" the issue. I'm sure it will be brought back up later as it is an issue they will never give up on. Either way, they got some of their anti-gun agenda through and into law. And there are other anti-gun legislation bills that still have to be voted on. Not a time to get complacent on these issue.

"Other gun control bills have, however, made it through the Virginia House and Senate. These include measures that would ban guns in certain areas and buildings, require universal background checks, limit how frequently people can buy handguns and allow law enforcement to temporarily take guns away from someone they deem dangerous."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vir...in-legislature
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Page 109 of 112 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast