Page 52 of 112 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: VA Dems float prosecution, Nat. Guard deployment if police don't enforce gun control

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    It’s almost like the left wants something to kick off...
    They have absolutely nothing to offer right now, and a slim majority of the population recognizes that. But get a shooting war started and a lot of that group will freak out and run to daddy-gubbermint to save them. Seriously, their best chances are to provoke a violent civil conflict and hope to get control during it. Around the world, for the last 200 years, that's when the left takes power.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    It’s almost like the left wants something to kick off...
    Honestly, I'm starting to wonder the same thing, which in turn brings up the question, why? They do seem to be winning the long game, so why risk it by escalating the conflict? Are they that convinced of victory, or do they have something else to gain by conflict? Simply scaring voters doesn't seem to be worth the risk.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I openly discourage any M4C member from attending this event. They are ready and they want to make a point. This is not the hill.

Time play the long game. I expect a lot if the retards from barfcom to catch felonies trying to play Rosa Parks.

I hate to say go underground but it wouldn’t be a bad idea for a while.

Pecker hard, powder dry, eyes open, mouth shut.

This will make Charlottesville look trite.

You heard it here first.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Honestly, I'm starting to wonder the same thing, which in turn brings up the question, why? They do seem to be winning the long game, so why risk it by escalating the conflict? Are they that convinced of victory, or do they have something else to gain by conflict? Simply scaring voters doesn't seem to be worth the risk.
    “Never waste a crisis. And if you don’t have a crisis, create one”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    “Never waste a crisis. And if you don’t have a crisis, create one”
    The question remains though. How does a crisis help their position? Do they really think that a showdown in VA will tilt the election in their favor? That's the only thing that comes to mind for me.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think it is much more simple than that. They were voted in as the majority which to them validates all their anti-American rhetoric and reinforces in their minds that the people want the gun control laws they have been preaching.
    Last edited by flenna; 01-10-20 at 18:27.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Double tap.....
    Last edited by flenna; 01-10-20 at 18:26.

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I think it is much more simple than that. They were voted in as the majority which to them validates all their anti-American rhetoric and reinforces in their minds that the people want the gun control laws they have been preaching.
    I'm sure the imported libtard voters DO want it. That said, the Constitution is not a popularity contest. Among other things it is designed to protect a minority. So basically as long as the 2A remains I don't give a damn if 90% want it.

I've used these analogies before: I'm sure there was a time when the vast majority of Germans supported Hitler (probably in the earlier days before it was apparent that it was a losing proposition). So, in hindsight, did the fact that a majority supported him make it right? At one time in our country's history I suppose a majority or slim majority supported the idea of slavery. Did that make it right?

Might (or a majority) does NOT necessarily make it right.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I'm sure the imported libtard voters DO want it. That said, the Constitution is not a popularity contest. Among other things it is designed to protect a minority. So basically as long as the 2A remains I don't give a damn if 90% want it.

I've used these analogies before: I'm sure there was a time when the vast majority of Germans supported Hitler (probably in the earlier days before it was apparent that it was a losing proposition). So, in hindsight, did the fact that a majority supported him make it right? At one time in our country's history I suppose a majority or slim majority supported the idea of slavery. Did that make it right?

Might (or a majority) does NOT necessarily make it right.
    I agree completely. I was answering Alpha-17- I don't think the VA ComDems have some deep seated plan to kick start a confrontation, in their minds they are doing "the will of the voter". But Constitutional rights are not up for a popularity vote.

Feedback Score
    The question remains though. How does a crisis help their position? Do they really think that a showdown in VA will tilt the election in their favor? That's the only thing that comes to mind for me.
    There are still ads ripping Trump for the line "there were good people on both sides". That incident was a single nut job with a car.

Now picture some unhinged wacko causing a violent incident with a firearm protesting "common sense gun safety". They'll play that line from Trump's campaign in '16 about the "second amendment people" over an over alongside the images from the incident.

A crisis that could tilt an election? With mass media in their pocket, if this goes sideways by accident or even by design, it'd be the holy grail for them.

Page 52 of 112 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast