Page 98 of 112 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: VA Dems float prosecution, Nat. Guard deployment if police don't enforce gun control

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    They really don't have to take our guns. They just have to keep legislating like this and brainwashing the little kiddies in school to get their ideology in place to rule over us.
    This.

Feedback Score
    The guy with the Barrett .50 looks like a fellow who is just generally a jovial person - someone who people like to be around as opposed to a lot of Debbie Downers. Maybe he's a little chunky, but who cares - him and I could down a couple of Double Quarter Pounders with Cheese, large fries, Cokes, and just have a grand ol' time shooting the breeze about guns.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As I'm sure many of you are aware, it looks like the "success" of the Richmond rally has inspired others throughout the country. I know one is planned in Kansas on Feb 17th, which I am making plans on attending. Regardless of how friendly your state is to the 2A, I think we should try to have a good showing at as many of these rallies as possible, to make sure the left knows Richmond wasn't an isolated event. It also serves the cause by helping people to make contacts, which may be beneficial later.

EDIT: Probably helps in include the flier, no?

FB_IMG_1579744066286 by Jacob Allen, on Flickr
    Last edited by Alpha-17; 01-23-20 at 08:52. Reason: Add the flier for info on KS rally
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Here in New Mexico we can open or concealed carry on State Capitol grounds, and in the past inside the building. On Friday 31 January 2020, we will be having a big rally on State Capitol grounds in Santa Fe. We have done it in the past, and usually there is a large turn out of rural ranch/ag folks carrying their side arms. You also see a large number of people with the usual AR, AK and hunting rifles. A Good Time is Guaranteed to One and All:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    The guy with the Barrett .50 looks like a fellow who is just generally a jovial person - someone who people like to be around as opposed to a lot of Debbie Downers. Maybe he's a little chunky, but who cares - him and I could down a couple of Double Quarter Pounders with Cheese, large fries, Cokes, and just have a grand ol' time shooting the breeze about guns.
    Well, he's walking around with a Barret all day so he's burning some calories that day at least. Apparently he runs a range and by all accounts, good fella all around, so get gets some slack.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I mentioned a Washington Post article earlier(the one I have no idea how I accessed it without subscription) featuring business owners who admitted being scared, but needing the money so they stayed open. Both businesses said everyone was polite.

The first was a woman who said she forgot to put a sign out saying no guns or signs inside. Her comment was it turned out to not be needed and something about the day being fun and/or exciting.

The other business said the same, *except*, the owners daughter mentioned only feeling concerned about 1 guy with a giant rifle. If I was betting, my money is on Barrett guy.

My money is also on her flavor of intuition being on par with the type that keeps domestic violence shelters filled to the brim with women who married guys that everyone else figured out were total wastes of skin by the time they were 12 and also keeps the current iterations of Ted Bundy in operation.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-23-20 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Well, he's walking around with a Barret all day so he's burning some calories that day at least. Apparently he runs a range and by all accounts, good fella all around, so get gets some slack.
    You know the concept of a shooting range is so foreign to us in the rural West? I haven't been to firing range since 1999 when I was last in the Army. Out in the rural west, everything is one giant shooting range with vast areas of Federal and State lands. Many times folks load up the kids and milk jugs full of colored water and just take a short drive to find a place to do target practice. As Larry Potterfield from Midway USA would say: "And that's the way it is".
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You know the concept of a shooting range is so foreign to us in the rural West? I haven't been to firing range since 1999 when I was last in the Army. Out in the rural west, everything is one giant shooting range with vast areas of Federal and State lands. Many times folks load up the kids and milk jugs full of colored water and just take a short drive to find a place to do target practice. As Larry Potterfield from Midway USA would say: "And that's the way it is".
    IIRC, Elmer Keith's 600 yard revolver elk(or was it mule deer?) kill was accomplished by lots of practice on an abandoned outhouse door over on another hill.

Happens here too, just usually limited by trees and rolling hills. The coolest was an out of use at the time quarry with 100'+ high walls allowing about a 330 degree field of fire with a couple hundred yards distance in a few directions.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Don't know how true it is, but...

Quote Originally Posted by NRA official offers "compromise" on Virginia gun control - National Association for Gun Rights
    Richmond, VA – As anti-gun Democrats advance a half dozen radical gun control bills in Virginia, a key National Rifle Association lobbyist just dropped a bombshell.

The NRA is ready to “work to find compromise.”

This from the newly appointed NRA Virginia official, D.J. Spiker. His full quote appeared in a Reuters report on Monday morning as follows:

"The NRA is fully prepared to work to defeat Governor Northam's gun grab - but also work to find COMPROMISE."

-- NRA official D. J. Spiker

Signs that the NRA may be about to cave and strike a deal only a few days into this critical fight is deeply troubling and sends a bad message.
    Link.

With friends like this, who needs enemies?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Don't know how true it is, but...

Link.

With friends like this, who needs enemies?
    Saw a guy here in correspondence with the parties involved.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...ics/14488358/1

Based on past history of the NRA I would say the quote is correct.

1997'ish the first Friends of the NRA event was hosted in this area around the same time NRA was backing Project Exile in Virginia which featured advertising around Richmond, VA and on PD websites (which NRA's page linked to) to call a snitch line if someone saw an illegal gun. I brought this up at one of the meetings and the rep (who had just moved to KY from VA) assured me I was mistaken about that and the NRA would never support something like that. Next meeting I showed up with screen printouts of exactly what I claimed. He hemmed and hawed and said he would get back to me so here I sit holding my breath almost a quarter century later.

Page 98 of 112 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast