Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone daily drive a Corvette?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the insight J. Armond!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any time.

Also, shop around because there are deals to be had. Don’t jump on the first one you see. I drove two hours to look at the C5 I bought off craigslist. It had a handful of minor issues, that on the surface looked major, so I was able to get a much better deal because of them. I fixed 90% of them myself, mostly with torx wrenches and a socket set. Because of this I am into it for about half of what I should be. Search corvette forums to see what common issues are and what it will take to fix them in time, parts, and money. It is still just a GM product as mentioned above. The LS engines are good for a lot of miles with regular maintenance too, so a well maintained higher mileage car should be ok. I would have no problem taking mine on a long trip.

The wife and I took it to the mountains about 3.5 hours away and drove all over the Blue Ridge. My wife, who doesn’t like the older ones (besides the 54 because it looks “classy”) and definitely isn’t a car person even drove it for three hours through the mountains and half way home with a smile. It wasn’t until we stopped for coffee that I was able to get back behind the wheel. She won’t get behind the wheel of the C2, 3 or 4. That said a lot about the difference in ride quality and comfort to me.

Feedback Score
    For a reliable daily driver sports car.....get a Porsche. Driving is boring, driving a Porsche is never boring.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    For a reliable daily driver sports car.....get a Porsche. Driving is boring, driving a Porsche is never boring.
    I cannot imagine not having a pickup as a daily driver. I have owned many sports cars over the years including Porsche but only drove them on the weekends. Same with motorcycles. The OP may be able to pull off a Corvette as a daily driver but I don't think I could.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Not paying for that maintenance!

Weve had Audi's, BMW's, and a VW in the family. All really expensive to maintain/ repair. Even the VW! 😖

Those are cars owned only while under full warranty.

The VW will go immediately after its next issue / repair. Last issue was an alternator. $750 for the part. NOBODY could get one but VW, or get it from VW. That includes remans. It's on strike two. At 60k miles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I cannot imagine not having a pickup as a daily driver..
    Hehe, exactly the opposite for me. 🙂

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    But it’s a GM...
    I know!
    Parts and maintenance are less expensive than the Euro cars, so it's a plus.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

'08 C6 6M. My only car for 7+ years. It was Corvette #4 since '73. Plan to get a C8 Vert in '22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post

'08 C6 6M. My only car for 7+ years. It was Corvette #4 since '73. Plan to get a C8 Vert in '22.
    Nice pic! You took that during "magic hour" didnt ya? 🙂

I really think the C6 looks better than the C7. Felt that way since the C7 came out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I know!
    Parts and maintenance are less expensive than the Euro cars, so it's a plus.
    I guess that's the way to look at it.

"Window switch? Oh, it's the same as a Cobalt, so its cheap!"

"Front wheel hub? Oh, it's the same as a 1500 pick up, so its cheap!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast