Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AAC M4-2000 not locking up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I'm not a 'flavor of the month mount guy', so I would just get the latch replaced.

I mean feeling like you are 'in the club' with all the coolieo name dropping mount crowd is fun, but my SDN6 has been bombproof for 5+ years.

I guess if it shits the bed and AAC goes out of business I'd do a conversion but besides that, pass.
    If the OP has other mounts, it would make sense to do the conversion since it allows adaptation to most of them. Assuming he has one if those ones. Has nothing to do with flavor of the month, it simply allows him to use his aac can on almost anyone elses mounts.

Really is nice when you take someone shooting/hunting and you can run cans on any of your guns.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If the OP has other mounts, it would make sense to do the conversion since it allows adaptation to most of them. Assuming he has one if those ones. Has nothing to do with flavor of the month, it simply allows him to use his aac can on almost anyone elses mounts.

Really is nice when you take someone shooting/hunting and you can run cans on any of your guns.
    AAC will replace for free in all likelihood. Why spend $200 when you don't need to. I have multiple cans , I always depress the latch ( don't get the cool movie crunch crunch crunch) but my mounts are in great shape. Might want to consider that once you get it back from AAC.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

FYI, AAC completely repaired my 556 can that I trashed in 7.62 fashion. One of two kabooms Ive managed in all my brilliance.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

No, I understand consistency and being able to mount on different rifles - part of the reason I ditched my Trifecta MAAD mount and went 51T on my Saker.

I just laugh at all the lemmings, "oh I went all <insert name> and changed everything out" - be it rails, mounts, you name it.

Because either (1) they didn't actually do it <gasp people lie on the interwebz!?!?!> (2) they are stupid with money or (3) they only have like 2 guns.

I'm just anti-change unless the juice is worth the squeeze. Money adds up over time and people often fail to look at the whole cost of a change, or they just aren't serious about doing it right.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Another big downside is this: you do the conversion, then you have baffle -endcap strike. AAC is going to be like, hey pal sorry but your on your own. Took our adapter off and now you have endcap. Nope nope nope.

I don’t see that going any other way.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not a 'flavor of the month mount guy', so I would just get the latch replaced.

I mean feeling like you are 'in the club' with all the coolieo name dropping mount crowd is fun, but my SDN6 has been bombproof for 5+ years.

I guess if it shits the bed and AAC goes out of business I'd do a conversion but besides that, pass.
    I have three 51T cans and also depress the latch when spinning on. They continue to work well. For me it's more about flexibility rather than any singular flavor of the month. The ECCO conversion allows you to run a broad selection of mounts, almost all of which offer superior durability to 51T. All of my Sakers have Dead Air mounts, it'd be great if these AAC cans did as well. If and when my 51T mounts ever give up, they'll be replaced with an ECCO conversion.

Pappabear's concerns regarding warranty service is perhaps the strongest argument against getting the conversion done. I wonder how long AAC will continue to support 51T cans. Do they still service 18T?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    Pappabear's concerns regarding warranty service is perhaps the strongest argument against getting the conversion done. I wonder how long AAC will continue to support 51T cans. Do they still service 18T?
    Obviously if a vendor no longer services a system, you best go with whoever will help out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No, I understand consistency and being able to mount on different rifles - part of the reason I ditched my Trifecta MAAD mount and went 51T on my Saker.

I just laugh at all the lemmings, "oh I went all <insert name> and changed everything out" - be it rails, mounts, you name it.

Because either (1) they didn't actually do it <gasp people lie on the interwebz!?!?!> (2) they are stupid with money or (3) they only have like 2 guns.

I'm just anti-change unless the juice is worth the squeeze. Money adds up over time and people often fail to look at the whole cost of a change, or they just aren't serious about doing it right.
    That’s actually how I got the Q cherry bomb. I ditched the MAAD mount and let me tell you, it’s been phenomenal. It’s shorter, easy on easy off. It’s actually a simpler design.

I ended up with a Thunder Chicken after shooting a buddy’s Honey Badger. They come with both a 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 cherry bomb. Other than my Knights QDC, one NT4 and sole AAC... all of my other mounts are Q and I’m perfectly happy with that.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    I wonder how long AAC will continue to support 51T cans. Do they still service 18T?
    I was told a few months back as long as their in business.

I had a latch replaced a few years back. New latch and paint (they essentially make the can look brand new) took about a week. The hard part is getting CS attention. I am of the belief that calling is always better than email.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Just an update, they sent me a shipping label yesterday to send the can in for service.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I gotta think service will be long lasting. Doesn't military probably have a shit ton of these from back in the glory days. Most cans are hard to kill.

PB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast